lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #11
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Workhorse Rear End on TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead1956 View Post
Where are you in Al. I may come and take a look. Do you have any pic's?

Do you have these carts or just have the chance to buy them?
two are being delivered today, may get two more Sunday. Will send you pics when they come.

I may have something else you can use. 99 TXT Freedom Lifted with 6:1 HS rear end, lights, and backseat.

23" Tires make it too high geared.

I am in Pelham, Just South of Birmingham.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2018, 03:08 PM   #12
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
two are being delivered today, may get two more Sunday. Will send you pics when they come.

I may have something else you can use. 99 TXT Freedom Lifted with 6:1 HS rear end, lights, and backseat.

ok, it is or was gas right? I may be interested. yes the 6 to 1 would have to go if using 23'' tires unless you had big HP.

have any pic's? what are you wanting for it?
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:11 PM   #13
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead1956 View Post
ok, it is or was gas right? I may be interested. yes the 6 to 1 would have to go if using 23'' tires unless you had big HP.

have any pic's? what are you wanting for it?
Yes, gas.

I will get you pics. I have to get $3,200 out of it to break even. It runs fine on level ground. It is lifted, with lights and back seat.

What I will probably have to do to come out (or break even) on this one is to buy a non lifted txt and swap rear ends and sell both.

I may pull the rear end out of one of the work horses, but I hate to do that as I could not put my HS rear end in the work horse, so they workhorse would basically be scrap.

Will get pics of workhorses as well
Old 04-28-2018, 07:24 PM   #14
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:

PM me your email address and I will send you the workhorse pics. I don't want to get in trouble for posting for sale stuff in this forum (BTW, I was not advertising here, I just responded to a question someone asked me)
Old 04-29-2018, 07:53 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Or post in the for sale section

On another note. Ezgo does have a kit now that includes everything to convert a 96 plus txt electric to a gasser. Not cheap but includes new engine, clutches and rear end. I will see if I can get a part number.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #16
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Or post in the for sale section

On another note. Ezgo does have a kit now that includes everything to convert a 96 plus txt electric to a gasser. Not cheap but includes new engine, clutches and rear end. I will see if I can get a part number.
My carts are already gas, I just don't have cores for rebuilt engines. I may need to convert from Robbin engine to Kawasaki which I can get new, reasonable price, without core.

Also, Vegas Carts has a nice kit for under $900 that lets you use harbor freight predator engine in work horse, or including their engine for around $1500.

If I don't sell these work horses, I probably will go the predator route.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

These kits were under $2500 and yes that is pricey but new Kawasaki and complete cradle with rear. If you were starting with a basket case you could bring one back to life
Old 04-30-2018, 03:17 AM   #18
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Good News - Bad News

Bad News, three of the 4 workhorses have drive pulley on Passenger side, I think that means none of those rear ends will work on my 99 TXT.

The ONE that does have the pulley on the Driver side is ALSO the ONLY one with an engine in it. So, the only way I can get a rear end out of this deal is to canabalize the ONE cart I have with an engine. Can't do that.

Good news, I think this means the other three carts came with Kawasaki engine which I Can buy new under $800 WITHOUT a core.

Someone please correct me if my assumptions are wrong...
Old 04-30-2018, 07:00 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Clutches on the right are Kawasaki driven. On the left are Robbins
Old 04-30-2018, 07:57 AM   #20
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Good News - Bad News

Bad News, three of the 4 workhorses have drive pulley on Passenger side, I think that means none of those rear ends will work on my 99 TXT.

The ONE that does have the pulley on the Driver side is ALSO the ONLY one with an engine in it. So, the only way I can get a rear end out of this deal is to canabalize the ONE cart I have with an engine. Can't do that.

Good news, I think this means the other three carts came with Kawasaki engine which I Can buy new under $800 WITHOUT a core.

Someone please correct me if my assumptions are wrong...
That's if you have all the other components, if not that $800 will grow very fast!
If you look around you can usually find a Robbins from some one that done a big block conversion, I see them for $250--$350 with clutch, ignition, muffler and mounts.

Sounds like your best way out is to just change the gears in your txt. It can be difficult to find a 4 stroke rear end these days, if you do they want as much or more then a gear set. To bad its not a Yamaha, I have a 4 stroke rear for one of them.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO