lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2018, 06:01 PM   #31
sc_offroad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 EZGO TXT will not start in gear

I’ve tweaked the air mixture on the top of carb and have been up and down my street for 20 minutes. Stop and go. Accelerates normal, no hesitation or hiccup.
sc_offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #32
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

WOW, That was too EASY!

Need to find something else wrong! LOL
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:57 PM   #33
sc_offroad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I appreciate the input and the time you guys took to help. I did something I normally wouldn’t do, I bought a cheap tune up kit instead of getting NGK plugs and it bit me. Lesson learned.
sc_offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:51 AM   #34
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You will probably find that with the correct plugs you will be fine, but if they soot up again fire this thread back up and we can guide you to a full diagnosis.

usual causes of black plugs is blocked air filter causing a rich mixture, inlet valves worn and causing oil to be drawn up through the pcv valve into the airbox, so my next questions are: was there any oil in the airbox? when you adjusted the valves, did you notice a pronounced difference in the amount of thread above the locknuts between the inner two valves and the outer two. The inner ones are the inlet valves and excess thread showing above the nuts on these two valves is telling you that you need to replace those two valves as they have worn edges and have sunk into the head. This is caused by poorly fitting air filters or a leaky airbox allowing dust into the carb and wearing the valves. If it is as you say running nicely, then leave it for now but keep an eye on the valve lash, if the inner two show signs of needing adjustment soon, then its head off time LOL. not difficult but well worth it. also keep a close eye on the oil level, using oil with no real excess smoke also tells you that the valve are likely worn as it is pulling oil up into the airbox and burning it off. Hopefully with your low use engine non if this is likely. Just points to be aware of.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:53 AM   #35
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead1956 View Post
WOW, That was too EASY!

Need to find something else wrong! LOL
Bugger. I like a challenge. Can we pretend we did not see his post and continue as we were?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:17 AM   #36
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

We have all done that tempting cheep route.

I bought a tune up kit off E-bay and one plug didn't have a electrode on it. great quality control, not

The cheep CHINA carb, I had to take apart twice to make it work!!
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO