lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2018, 09:49 PM   #1
ninobrown
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 89 club car ds rev limit

Hey Gents, i took the gov off my cart and i bought a rev meter. Now my question is what is the safe number i should i be running it at. No Mod have been to cart just wheels and tire.
ninobrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2018, 04:43 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 89 club car ds rev limit

My governors are off both my carts (an '87 and a '90). I've never run a tach on either cart so I don't know the rpm limit, but I can feel when the motor begins to vibrate the entire cart. I never push my carts that far. Been running my '87 cart for over 5 years like this with no issues. Also, if you're not running a governor you'll need to be extra careful regarding who drives your cart. Even if you learn the limits of your motor, someone else will almost certainly not.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
ninobrown
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok kool , i drive it around the city but i dont have pedal to the floor maybe have way...is that ok? u said something vibrating....i feel a lil vibration when i drive but are u talkin about a big vibration
ninobrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninobrown View Post
ok kool , i drive it around the city but i dont have pedal to the floor maybe have way...is that ok? u said something vibrating....i feel a lil vibration when i drive but are u talkin about a big vibration
I'm talking about an uncomfortable vibration, one that feels like you're pushing the motor too hard. Difficult to explain.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
I'm talking about an uncomfortable vibration, one that feels like you're pushing the motor too hard. Difficult to explain.
That special sensation you get just before things go “KA BOOM”. Pass that point and you’ll be bound to remember it
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:37 AM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
That special sensation you get just before things go “KA BOOM”. Pass that point and you’ll be bound to remember it
Yeah when I worked maintenance at our campground years ago one of the guys took the governor off a late '80s Carryall one morning...and he grenaded the motor by early afternoon!

Tags
rev limit number
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car