lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2019, 08:31 AM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Installed 4” economy lift kit. Have some questions.

My cart is a beach buggy. I don't do wheel stands or any sort of jumps. I do drive it most days around the island @22-25 mph powered by my VC 460.The main is all paved and the next island, egg island which has nothing but graded sand roads. I run 24" trailer tires on 13" rims in the rear which took extensive surgery in the rear bumper area. Up front I run 12" HF trailer tires which took no trimming at all. I have 2" wheel spacers on all 4 wheels and again the steeleng fender flares on all 4 wheels. Along with my 4 leds lights up front this is the perfect beach buggy. P.S. I have the BIG led amber turn signals out back some some tourist doesn't run into the back of me when I am making a left turn.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2019, 08:45 AM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

how wide are the trailer tires? I'd think with sand/beach driving wider would be better.

narrow tires dig holes fast. I had some 33x10.5" super swampers on a 4runner many years ago, back when I lived in central Florida. It did spectacular in the sloppy peanut butter mud. But I lost count of how many times I nearly got stuck in plain old dry sugar sand on the trails going out to where the mud was... Once I put some wider tires on it did fine.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

They are fairly narrow BUT I am on either pavement or a sand based graded road. Mostly pavement. When you drive 1200 + miles a year @ 22-25 mph on pavement you find non road rated tires don't last too well. The old trailer tires I am using will probably last longer than I will be riding. You don't see any real wear in the 4+ years I have been riding on them. Also note the 2 fronts are off of a HF trailer not being used any more and the too old to use 1988 trailer tire off my camper. The only purchase I needed to do was get 4 lug rims to mount the old camper tires at a cost of $32 a wheel delivered. Besides the extra ground clearance the 24" tires really gave me a LOT more top end @ given rpm with the much more powerful VC 460 over the modded stock G 14 engine. With the stock 18" tires I would be @ the 5600 rpm red line in less than 40'.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
They are fairly narrow BUT I am on either pavement or a sand based graded road. Mostly pavement. When you drive 1200 + miles a year @ 22-25 mph on pavement you find non road rated tires don't last too well. The old trailer tires I am using will probably last longer than I will be riding. You don't see any real wear in the 4+ years I have been riding on them. Also note the 2 fronts are off of a HF trailer not being used any more and the too old to use 1988 trailer tire off my camper. The only purchase I needed to do was get 4 lug rims to mount the old camper tires at a cost of $32 a wheel delivered. Besides the extra ground clearance the 24" tires really gave me a LOT more top end @ given rpm with the much more powerful VC 460 over the modded stock G 14 engine. With the stock 18" tires I would be @ the 5600 rpm red line in less than 40'.
very cool.

I'd imagine those trailer tires are quite a bit lighter than the non-road rated 24" counterparts as well
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:30 PM   #15
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Those 24's are a lot heavier than the 20.5's up front. Just to be clear we can drive to the beach BUT nothing but your feet are allowed on the beach. AND any other non road vehicle but a golf is forbidden and enforced vigorously by the staties.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:20 PM   #16
freshdaymusic
Not Yet Wild

I don’t have permission to view any of your attachments so I can’t see the pics, but my 20” Sahara’s don’t rub or even come close to rubbing with my 4” lift. So far I’m very happy with the lift. Cart just won’t go up hills so I’m guessing my Clutches are done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
freshdaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #17
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The 20.5" HF tires out front came nowhere close to rubbing even before I added the 2" wheel spacers.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:16 AM   #18
freshdaymusic
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
The 20.5" HF tires out front came nowhere close to rubbing even before I added the 2" wheel spacers.

I’m trying to imagine your setup. I would love to see a pic of your cart. I don’t plan to drive mine so much as to warrant a road rated tire but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
freshdaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha