lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2020, 01:45 PM   #11
Greg23
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Navitas Install and Battery Question

Ok so from the picture it’s already unzipped? All I have to do is delete the charger folder before putting it into the charger again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2020, 04:37 PM   #12
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Navitas Install and Battery Question

I'm not sure which Navitas controller you have, but my TAC2 (AC, 600a) draws by my measurement about .07amps when idle (key switch off, run / tow on). Not a lot, but something. I didn't notice any more idle battery drop than when before installing the controller, but I'll say the Navitas (esp. if you have the AC motor also) puts a lot more load on those batteries if you are going over 22mph or so.

With my Onward, I had virtually new FLA batteries and I could eat them up very quickly after installing the Navitas if that additional speed was used.

I'll say that I did a range test, and staying at the stock ~19mph, the Navitas AC motor / controller got more range from my FLA pack than the stock motor / controller, but as speeds increase (and esp. if you have 23" tires) your amp draw will increase rapidly.

Ultimately the reason I pulled out the FLA and went lithium.

With my controller anyway, if you go too low on pack voltage (doesn't take long if you accelerate hard or go fast) it goes into a LV mode where it drops current it will draw from the batteries - it's pretty noticeable, and you'd definitely know it's hitting that mode. As I recall, it was around 41v or so, but I think the controller monitored voltage and it wasn't an exact number per se, but if it was around that number - or dipped below it enough - it would go into "slow" mode until it was charged. I'd think yours would hit this mode before pack voltage is getting anywhere near what yours seems to be?
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car