lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2020, 01:55 AM   #21
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 ezgo

I know why I'm up. I'm trying to figure out why you are still up. I just taxiied an Airbus A321 to the far end of the airport, nosed into the wind, held the brakes, and pulled maximum takeoff thrust for six solid minutes on each engine. All while making sure they didn't come apart and burn a 120 million dollar airplane to the ground. I will be wide awake for the rest of the night.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2020, 08:45 AM   #22
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
I have never seen an outer sleeve made to move like that. I have always locked down the outer sleeve and had nothing but the inner cable moving. I then slide the cable through the throttle lever slip a pen spring on the cable and install the ferrule. I hold the throttle closed, squish the spring and lock it down with the ferrule. As long as the throttle opens all the way when the pedal is pressed, it's good to go. If not, you have to play with it.
I can't remember ever seeing one like this myself and like I said I worked on these carts back in the 90's. I will try your method and I bet it works. This manual said 1988 only so maybe it was ezgo's way of trying to eliminate the backfiring.
I wonder how tight that bushing fit on back side of this cable bracket ? . Did it lock the cable down good ? because there was no 1/4 inch nut installed on the back side of outer cable in picture I showed.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #23
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I know why I'm up. I'm trying to figure out why you are still up. I just taxiied an Airbus A321 to the far end of the airport, nosed into the wind, held the brakes, and pulled maximum takeoff thrust for six solid minutes on each engine. All while making sure they didn't come apart and burn a 120 million dollar airplane to the ground. I will be wide awake for the rest of the night.
I never go to bed until late. I am up at between 5 and 6am everyday. I have never needed much sleep. I guess it has been ok because I turn 73 in August and only take a small dose of B/P med
Can you fly that plane
Old 06-07-2020, 11:26 AM   #24
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Man O Man that would be soooo cool
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #25
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Hey Trig, Here's a pic of how it is on my 85. I use two cable stops, just to make sure when I floor it it's floored. I feel it's more responsive this way and doesn't rely on the lever return spring, well it's actually the lever wfo spring LOL. The sleeve is double nutted to the mount..

This pic was taken before I was wise to the pen spring on the cable
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 20170726_111003 (3).jpeg (175.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #26
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Hey Trig, Here's a pic of how it is on my 85. I use two cable stops, just to make sure when I floor it it's floored. I feel it's more responsive this way and doesn't rely on the lever return spring, well it's actually the lever wfo spring LOL. The sleeve is double nutted to the mount..

This pic was taken before I was wise to the pen spring on the cable
Thanks Dabble Inn. As usual I started doing something else and this cart sits in the corner.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #27
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I finally got around to installing the cable with a pin spring. No backfire yet. I just jammed two nuts on cable housing to bracket instead of the way it shows in manual
Thanks cart around for the pin spring tip ) and Dabble Inn for the help.

I didn't have but one bullet cable stop so that is what I went with. These carts do start better than the 4-strokes.

This cart was leaking where someone had the rear end cover off and didn't clean it before putting silicone on it. For a week it leaked a large amount of oil on my floor.
Since I got it sealed up no leaks in 5 days. Now after I drove it and parked it I see oil coming from around pinion seal and I don't like oil on my clean floor Not as much as before but still oil. It never ends on old stuff
Old 06-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #28
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Yep, I had to replace that pinion seal on mine last year. Every time I came to a stop oil would shoot out, Had to buy a decent puller but then it wasn't too bad of a job
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO