lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2020, 02:57 PM   #1
Gobigbri
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G16 valve cover hose spitting oil.

Trying to figure out where the end of this hose line goes. Did it connect to the factory air box?This line spits oil and I just have it hanging under the cart for the time being.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15941516275378280614179985454106.jpg (196.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15941516555286787778561343014980.jpg (200.1 KB, 0 views)
Gobigbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2020, 04:52 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 valve cover hose spitting oil.

First, that's a G14. Second, yes, line went to the airbox. Third, it's not supposed to spit oil. I'm betting you have a way over full oil condition, likely caused by a bad needle valve in the carburetor, causing raw fuel to end up in the oil. It takes exactly 1qt of oil, which will not read at the top of the crosshatchs on the dipstick, but about halfway.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:15 PM   #3
Gobigbri
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the info cg. Just purchased and had a hard time identifying the model. Oil is at the top of hatches and cart has a lift so may not be sitting at stock angle. No gas in oil. I'll put exactly 1qt in and see if that helps. where do you recommend I run that line since I no longer have the stock air box?
Old 07-07-2020, 10:00 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

You can run it to a "catch can".
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:03 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I suggest a "diy" filter or sock for that line if your not running a stock airbox (even just stuff a "cheapo fuel filter" on the end of that line), and it shouldn't be sending much oil out. Typically, a cart that doesnt even get serviced (like 2 year intervals) doesnt show much output from that line. Not even enough to wet the stock air filter on the side that line would normally face. Your gonna have driveability issues without the stock airbox if you dont do some carb jetting (stuff that "twisting the adjustment screws" alone wont fix). Driveability issues will be your next issues you have questions about. (And without the stock airbox, that's gonna be a problem). "Bogs down, backfires out the carb, low power, runs like crap" will be your constant problems until you get through the issues created by the missing stock airbox. It was designed in a specific way by them tricky engineers, to run "just as it should", with the stock airbox.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #6
Gobigbri
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'll give it a shot. Thanks again CG
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha