lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2021, 05:18 PM   #31
MTTwister
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: fighting electrical meltdown 91 Yamaha G8A

I've had it running, BUT it will die on the golf course. Last week Ran 3 miles did stop lights and train tracks. Sat at the club house for~30 min, then off on the 1st tee box. typical go, stop. got to my ball, need to move the cart, and the system was DEAD. Just like that - ran , start, stop and the BAM . finished the round with the buddies cart, ready to tow, tried it and it started! drove almost home, and it wouldn't start after a green light. Lifted the seat to curse and swear at it, buddy preped to tow it home, tried it again and it started. This week, same thing, but got 4 holes in before it wouldn't fire. cooled down and restarted??

QUESTIONs - 1) would the ignition (spark) coil get to an overheat condition, and start working again after it cooled off? ( Only freaking thing I haven't thrown at it ).
2) If I can't find an exact replacement for the Ignition coil, does anyone have alternate ideas for a coil that would work?
MTTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2022, 08:18 PM   #32
MTTwister
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: fighting electrical meltdown 91 Yamaha G8A

Definitely the start / stop switch ( head slap - duh). Dies, like , whenever- now carrying a long shaft screwdriver, so I can tap the top of the switch and the **** thing will run. Have 2 of these, the original one ran about 3 blocks.

Trying to get the top off the "original" switch, digging out whatever they used to hold the cap on, but Jeez. Any hints on how to melt the ? Silicone, Super glue? Thanks for reading.
MTTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha