lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2022, 08:39 PM   #1
theejinus
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha YDRE won't go over 5 MPH

Cart won't go over 5 MPH. Solenoid clicks when pedal is pushed, but I noticed it doesn't click when I try to push the cart. Doesn't feel like there's any resistance when pushing the cart. Batteries test fine. I have an Alltrax 400 Amp controller that has been on it for about two years. Any thoughts?
theejinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2022, 09:01 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha YDRE won't go over 5 MPH

Sounds like it's in limp mode - meaning you are not getting the motor speed signal from the speed sensor. Put the Alltrax software on your laptop and verify that it's not seeing motor RPM. Solenoid should click and it should resist motion (when key is off and not in tow mode). If not, that indicates that the speed sensor isn't working. (It's mounted on the back end of the motor)
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:27 AM   #3
theejinus
Not Yet Wild

I'll try that tonight. I had a feeling that might have been the cause so I unplugged the speed sensor and test drove and it did the same thing. My rationale was if it's unplugged it should go max speed. Was I wrong in that thinking?
Old 03-31-2022, 08:44 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Some controllers goes into limp mode when the speed signal is missing ( motor protection ).
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:45 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No - it goes very slow without the speed sensor - Limp Mode. Try the Alltrax software to verify that it's not getting the speed sensor signal.
Old 03-31-2022, 09:20 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've had the same symptomes, were solved temporarely by bypassing the sensor in the Alltrax settings.
Old 03-31-2022, 11:07 AM   #7
theejinus
Not Yet Wild

I'm assuming to bypass I just uncheck the "enable speed limit" setting?
Old 03-31-2022, 11:45 AM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

> MISC settings

Enable Speed Limit
This checkbox determines if the controller uses a speed sensor to limit the RPM of the motor.
This uses the value of the speed limit setting in the user profile section above. The controllers regen feature
is based off the RPM of the armature, which is monitored by your speed sensor. If you choose to not use the
speed sensor it will affect REGEN and the controller will not prevent over-speed while going downhill. What
this basically means is that if you have a speed sensor, and don’t use it, you run a high risk of your motor
coming apart if you’re not vigilant with it. Your motor should have a manufacturers recommended max
RPM, but if you have to adjust these settings yourself we recommend calling our Tech Support for assistance
or an Alltrax dealer.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:14 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You really want a working speed sensor. I would verify that it's not working and then get it repaired / replaced. Sometimes the magnet ring breaks apart or becomes disconnected from the motor shaft. It's not easy to get to with the motor installed unfortunately.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:35 AM   #10
theejinus
Not Yet Wild

I tested using the bypass and it the cart went about 15mph. Normally I was getting 19-20MPH. Hoping that speed comes back with a new sensor installed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha