lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2022, 08:34 PM   #1
Yamahandy
Not Yet Wild

Default Is there a G2 cdi swap out?

Sorry if this was already posted somewhere. I’m new to this forum and just checking out there if there is a way to swap out a g2 cdi without spending the $400-$500 for one. It has that 9 pin Mitsubishi cdi box in it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Yamahandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2022, 08:41 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Is there a G2 cdi swap out?

The oem is best

You can use a chrysler ignition module and it does work for much much cheaper

Oem ignitor is best though

Are you 100% sure your ignitor is bad?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:48 PM   #3
Yamahandy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
The oem is best

You can use a chrysler ignition module and it does work for much much cheaper

Oem ignitor is best though

Are you 100% sure your ignitor is bad?

I would say 1000% sure. It swelled up enough to split open and about half the pins are corroded out. I picked the buggy up for $300 so I really don’t mind putting a bit of money into it. Just checking options/if it’s even possible.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:55 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I hear ya. My first G9 was the same way. Original ignitor was just destroyed and I only paid like $300 for the cart, couldn’t justify an oem ignitor myself. It does work just fine. I drove the cart like this for a year and a half. But there is no ignition advance like the oem ignitor. But really performance wise I never had any complaints, just something to note.

I would recommend not butchering up the factory harness, if you cut off the connector leave a few inches of wire so you can switch back to an oem ignitor someday if you choose to. But I’ve attached the diagram I put together to make a Chrysler ignition module work. They’re about $20 and oreillys or most places generally have them in stock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chrysler Module Diagram.jpg (184.7 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 06:55 AM   #5
Yamahandy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I hear ya. My first G9 was the same way. Original ignitor was just destroyed and I only paid like $300 for the cart, couldn’t justify an oem ignitor myself. It does work just fine. I drove the cart like this for a year and a half. But there is no ignition advance like the oem ignitor. But really performance wise I never had any complaints, just something to note.

I would recommend not butchering up the factory harness, if you cut off the connector leave a few inches of wire so you can switch back to an oem ignitor someday if you choose to. But I’ve attached the diagram I put together to make a Chrysler ignition module work. They’re about $20 and oreillys or most places generally have them in stock.

Beautiful! Thank you very much! Cheers!! I’ll give this a try. Thanks for the quick reply’s and tips.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha