lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2022, 04:55 AM   #1
Jamiebrennan
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 turns over but won’t engage the drive

When I hit the gas the engine starts and the front clutch spins but it wont catch the drive belt so the motor just basically idles. Here is a video I took of it on you tube, but since I am a new user I can’t post a link. So if you have a min to try and help me out, go to you tube and look up user Jamie Brennan and you’ll see a video I posted titled “Golf Cart won’t go!” Uploaded today.

I have changed the air filters and spark plug. Also replaced the belts (both) and Reyes Jones the started belt last year for a similar issue.

Thoughts?
Jamiebrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2022, 05:30 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G16 turns over but won’t engage the drive

The engine is not starting! it is just spinning on the starter generator. You need to investigate the ignition system to see if you have spark, the fuel system to see if the engine is getting fuel, top end to see if you have compression etc.
Start with checking for a spark.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:40 AM   #3
Jamiebrennan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
The engine is not starting! it is just spinning on the starter generator. You need to investigate the ignition system to see if you have spark, the fuel system to see if the engine is getting fuel, top end to see if you have compression etc.
Start with checking for a spark.
Spark should be good to go, I just replaced the spark plug yesterday! How would I check that it is receiving fuel? I’m not real technical but I want to learn!
Jamiebrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:17 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Changing the spark plug does not prove you are getting a spark. Did you actually check before you fitted it?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 12:36 PM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Plug the old plug in and lay it on te enine try to start see if you hae spark if so check the new plug for gas on it, are you using chock? If no spark you may have a defective switch on the gas pedal, just some thoughts
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha