lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2022, 08:53 AM   #1
Jbounds
Not Yet Wild

Default ‘82 G1 Solenoids Click but no crank

Hello everyone, I’ve been scrounging the internet and the forums for a while and just want to see if I’m going the right direction. My ‘82 G1 was running beautifully no issues and all the sudden I went to move it again and it doesn’t crank, the solenoids click but I get nothing. We towed it back to the campsite and I didn’t have a meter on me to check anything. All connections seem like they are tight and the cart was working 2 minutes prior to this issue. The cart will not move in forward or reverse. Solenoids click in both directions. Would this just be that the solenoids all the sudden crapped out? Or am I going to be digging into it trying to find some wire that came loose or broke? I have a couple solenoids on order just in case. Any ideas or opinions are appreciated.
Jbounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2022, 01:28 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: ‘82 G1 Solenoids Click but no crank

Does the engine spin by hand? Could be siezed up. That would be my first check.

If it does spin over, you'll need to check to see if voltage is getting to the starter generator. Yep, you'll need a multimeter. You need full voltage, so 12.3-12.5 volts dc to the starter/gen while you are trying to start it. Best to do this without the drive belt installed, and be carefull working around spinning belts.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha