lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
filmman
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Battery Wiring Problem

I am trying to fix a friend's Club Car. I have charged the batteries individually since his charger will not charge. However, I still cannot get the cart to move or even get the backup beep to sound. The wire coming off the negative terminal of the last battery goes into a box attached to the chassis behind the batteries. However, the wire coming off the other side of the box has been disconnected and I am not sure where it is supposed to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
filmman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car Battery Wiring Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmman View Post
I am trying to fix a friend's Club Car. What year CC or ID# I have charged the batteries individually What is their voltage? Is it a 36 or 48 volt cart since his charger will not charge. However, I still cannot get the cart to move or even get the backup beep to sound. Do you have power at the microswitches on the F&R lever The wire coming off the negative terminal of the last battery goes into a box Remove the rear access cover ... do you mean it goes thru the on board computer attached to the chassis behind the batteries. However, the wire coming off the other side of the box has been disconnected and I am not sure where it is supposed to go.If we identify the year we can get you a wiring diagram from the stickies at the top of this section Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Filmman, welcome to bgw
We will need just one heck of alot more info to be able to help
See above in red
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
filmman
Not Yet Wild

Ok, the serial # is A9724-577430. It is supposed to be a 48V however, I tried the batteries again. 10 min after charging several batteries have dropped to 6.5-6.7V. The box itself is probably 2 1/2" wide by 8" long.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay here's what I can tell ya. the cart is a 1997 48 volt DS. It has an onboard computer which controls the charger. It will not turn the charger on unless it see a minimum voltage of about 38v (+-) he batteries just to see if it will run.... they are about $100 each.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Hey filmman

to BGW
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
filmman
Not Yet Wild

Got the batteries charged and reading as good. Ordered parts for the charger and it works on another cart. However, when I hooked the batteries up there is still no go. The 2 wires coming off the box are still not hooked up and I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it but don't know what. Where do you normally ground the batteries?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
filmman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks GLEEMO
Old 02-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Not to the chassis.
CC uses a floating ground concept nothing on the entire carts gets tied/shorted to the chassis.

What 2 wires ? [
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #9
ajbrown
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmman View Post
The wire coming off the negative terminal of the last battery goes into a box attached to the chassis behind the batteries. However, the wire coming off the other side of the box has been disconnected and I am not sure where it is supposed to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
NO ONE should take any advice from me without checking with others

Sounds like you could be describing the heavy black wire that goes THROUGH the OBC. Does it look the same on both sides? This wire goes from the NEG(-) side of the pack to the B- side of the controller. Could that be it?

You mention later in the thread there is another wire..... where is that connected now? Can you describe it better? Can you send a picture?
ajbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What are your battery voltages now? Those 8v batteries reading 6.5-7v are dead dead dead .... did you revive them
Grab a wiring diagram from the top of this section.... we are not clairvoyant enough to be good at the old where does the black wire go game. the diagram will be your best help & it even has colors marked on it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car