lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 350 cc carb jet

Alright things are starting to finally come together for my 350 w/295 head project and I am hoping to have it running in the next couple weeks. The last peice of the puzzle is that I need to switch a 295 carbs jet to make it work on the bigger motor. So does anyone know what size to drill out the jet or what the proper size jet is and where I can purchase one?
BLUE72CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 350 cc carb jet

I am running the same setup in my 2000 txt. I cannot accurately give you a bore size on the jet but i can tell you that I used a rather neanderthal method but it did work. I used the 350 carb. and jet on mine only to find I was lacking proper fuel flow. I took a set of torch tip cleaners and used the smallest one that would fit in the bore of the jet. I used the cleaner to ream out the bore of the jet a little at the time, progressing to the larger size when the bore got larger. After each session of slightly reaming the jet I would reinstall it and run the cart to ensure that I didn't overdo it. I wish I could give you an accurate gauge but I didn't use a mic... My cart is running great with this mod. along with the MSD ign. and shorter belt.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

from what I have read the 295 and 350 carbs are identical except for the jet size. I did some searching yesterday and it looks like a #90 jet is what is suppose to be stock. Time to tear the carb apart and see what I have I guess. Also I didnt go with the msd upgrade on mine since I really dont want to spin the motor any harder, I am just looking for some more grunt for going thru the woods.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I believe the #90 is what I started with but had to get bigger. I had to get and MSD on my cart because of the low end rpm's. For the preservation of the engine I kept the gov. in place so the cart would cruise 17 to 19 mph. The problem I ran into was when you stomped it from a dead stand still and held it the rev limiter would kick in before the engine peaked. Thats the only reason I went with the MSD. The cart runs great.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

For what it is worth:

On my 25 mm / ventury 20 mm i run 117.5 to 127.5 depending from the weathertemp.
" " 30 mm / " 25 mm its 122.5 to 130.

After a longer ride at the upper revs, shut the engine off before idling.
When its darkbrown its allright.
Lighter is lean, black is to much.

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
I believe the #90 is what I started with but had to get bigger. I had to get and MSD on my cart because of the low end rpm's. For the preservation of the engine I kept the gov. in place so the cart would cruise 17 to 19 mph. The problem I ran into was when you stomped it from a dead stand still and held it the rev limiter would kick in before the engine peaked. Thats the only reason I went with the MSD. The cart runs great.

Interesting, I hadnt thought about the engine hitting the limiter while excelerating. Exactly what all is involved in switching to MSD ign. and what box is needed?
Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

EZ go go could the problem of hitting the limiter
be addressed with more aggressive shift in the clutch?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Dooms I'm not shure on the clutch issue. It's a stock drive clutch on a 36 deg. driven. The 350 was bored out due to wear. I even have the stock belt. When you stomped it, the engine would almost peak out and start shifting for speed and then the limiter kicked in. I originally started with a 28 deg. clutch and the limiter was killin me. I couldnt go anywhere so I went back to the 36. I bought the MSD off ebay for 60 bucks and with a few splices I was cookin with gas.. LOL I tried different ignitors and everything else but the MSD fixed it all. I watch the tach with a gauge and it's all in tolerable limits and the power if way more than sufficient.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE72CAMARO View Post
Interesting, I hadnt thought about the engine hitting the limiter while excelerating. Exactly what all is involved in switching to MSD ign. and what box is needed?
Blue72 I will get you that info. and a wiring diagram and PM it to ya.... Give me a few days...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO