lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2011, 06:29 AM   #11
HGC2010
Gone Wild

Default Re: DS Will Not Charge

Will do

Thanks
HGC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #12
HGC2010
Gone Wild

I plugged the cart in for 30 min this morning prior to going to work and the voltage in the pack did not go up any. I noticed that the charger is not showing amps however at the charging receptical it has 59.48 volts when plugged in but, the lack of current flowing concerns me. Scotty, is this what I am supposed to be seeing? I did not leave the charger on it why I'm at work because the relay is bypassed and will not shut off.

I will plug it back in this afternoon when I get off work and will be their to keep an eye on it.

Just seems odd that their is no current flow when the charger is hooked up.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So you are saying that if you put the meter on the pack there is no rise in voltage when the charger is connected... If so, it would appear that the charger has a problem.... Is you meter capable of reading tenths of a volt? Like 47.6 ? When you connect the running charger that should immediately rise in tenths, if not whole numbers. 59v sounds like the charger is working.... just not registering on the gauge.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your amp meter on charger isn,t working?? is that what your saying? can you hear a light humming coming from charger when its plugghed in and can you put your hand on charger and feel a real light vibration?? if so charger is working but amp gage isn,t............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #15
HGC2010
Gone Wild

I put the charger on a 07 precident and the amp gauge worked fine. I took the charger from the 07 precident and tried it on the DS and it does the same thing as the power drive charger that is with the DS. It has voltage output at the charger & plug in point however, this is no current flowing in the gauge or when I put a clamp on amp meter on it. It acts like an open circuit where there is voltage at the starting point of the circuit but no current flow is being measured.

There is no rise in voltage at the pack when you plug the charger in. This really has me stumped but shouldn't it have some type of resistance (like a resistor) to cause current to flow.

Once again it is like an open ciruit and not having a complete path for current to flow.

You check the back of the charging plug with the charger on and it is 58.65 volts but across the pack it is 46.40.

What does the little grey wire do that runs to the OBC? I was wondering if it is the OBC which would complete the charging ciruit.

I did not run the black wire from the charging plug to the negative side of the pack and plug the charger in because I couldn't get it to work on the first test you gave me.

I have not reset the OBC either.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if it were me i would replace the OBC if that charger is working on another cart ok but not working on the cart in question than yes.......OBC.......one other thing you can try since its a 1995 is give the grey wire a pull and see if it comes out of the receptical, sometimes that wire gets rotted in there and will pull out if it does than just replace that section of wire i do beleive you can buy it....................
Old 03-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
HGC2010
Gone Wild

If you read back where Scotty was asking me to perform the initial test, would you do test 2 and would you try to reset the OBC before replacing it?

The cart moves in forward and reverse but will not charge.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #18
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes i would try resetting it and re-read my last post i put an edit in it about the grey wire................................
Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #19
HGC2010
Gone Wild

Also found out the cart has been setting for 4 months and has not been used. Don't know if they has any roll in the problem were trying to solve but thought I would share that with you guys.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #20
HGC2010
Gone Wild

Are you referring to checking the grey wire at the charging receptical? If so, I have checked the fuse in the gray wire and replaced the receptical. I was going to check continuity on the grey wire from where it is fused to the OBC to make sure it is good prior to doing any other test.

Thoughts?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car