lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
rushhour231
Not Yet Wild

Default club car iq 2002 reg speed problem

club car 2002 reg it has foward reverse switch i just replace all batterys cart works fine at full speed until you go over a big bump once you go over a bump you lost half to 3/4 your speed go over another bump you get it back could it be a bad mcor? i replace all battery cables to
rushhour231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car iq 2002 reg speed problem

Hopefully you turned run-tow switch to ( TOW ) before starting any wiring work, then removed pack ground cable first and taped it to prevent shorting? Was this a problem before replacing the batterys? If not was anything else repaired or replaced along with batterys? I would be suspect of battery connections or related wiring. I would check all 6 guage cable for condition and corrosion and tightness at motor ( WARNING AFTER PUTTING IN TOW POSITION AND REMOVING PACK GROUND CABLE ) when checking motor connections use ( 2 ) wrenches, one to hold nut on stud next to motor and other to turn cable lock nut ). connections on your motor, also while at motor check speed sensor on end of motor for corrosion or looseness at plug in connection. Intermittant problems like yours are the worst to find unless you are able to reproduce them while cart is still? Sounds more like a bad or corroded "control wire" some where as long as all 6 guage cable wiring connections are correct and tight? MCOR plug in connections are where I would check as corrosion or loose connection could be problem with resistance?
QUICK NOTE I have found linkage worn enough on one pedal to MCOR that caused a variation in speed similiar to what you are talking about so give it and pedal bushings a look see.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

bump
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
rushhour231
Not Yet Wild

i think speed sensor when you left foot off gas slowly cart just keep going full speed it doesnt try slow down
rushhour231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhour231 View Post
i think speed sensor when you left foot off gas slowly cart just keep going full speed it doesnt try slow down
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car