lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2011, 04:42 AM   #21
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Where do you guys get your parts?

Dawg, anything over six inches will be overkill. Put the money somewhere else. Once you get into the online catalogs you'll find a lot of places to spend it! Most of us are on here to learn too, so we don't mind sharing what we found that works, and more importantly what doesn't. so ask away. You would think that pretty much everthing that could be done with a cart already has but this forum shows otherwise. I've learned a lot simply from reading other's post and fixes.
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #22
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

by the time i add hd springs to a 4in a-armlift it will cost the same as the 7.5 that comes with hd springs. will 7.5 just look stupid?
gabulldawg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

my brother-out-law put a 7 inch lift on his yamy and i have to say it looks really stupid.........i know its something i,ll never do, i have a 6 on my cart and thats by far enough.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are a few of the Strech long travels left. They will give the BEST ride without a crazy amount of lift.... Super ride
Cost is around $650 and $75 shipping depending upon your location.

These lifts widen your stance also and you will need 23s to make it look right ... and another $150 rear lift from Jakes.
If you are not afraid to spend $900 on suspension this is the ultimate ride and front suspension. The lift is 6 inches.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #25
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

scooty thats the problem i think with this yamy the tires/whs the cart just looks so tall and skinny going down the road and it has thrown the rear off.......the cart leans a tad to pass side so much so that it now has a oil leak out of the vent on the axle...........a leak it didn,t have before the lift.......but man does this thing look stupid going down the road like its going to tip over and BTW i said 7 inch my bad its 8 inches....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You have to go wider as you go up to maintain stability in my opinion.

The down side is you loose some of the turning radius (turns are wider). But it is a trade off you get used to. My Long travel workhorse will traverse anything you put in front of it without spilling your beer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1769.jpg (88.8 KB, 9 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #27
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Jakes makes a nice long travel as well, but like scottyb said, be prepared to spend aroun $900 give or take. I have 10 inches of lift and riding on 26 inch tires. Go big or go home.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #28
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Scotty said beer Were closing the shop and taking a 1/2 day
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #29
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

this lift i was looking at was a mid range. i cant afford the long range. how would the 6in mid range look with 22's? also i was told i shouldnt go over 22's with my cart being a regen. true?
gabulldawg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #30
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

the 6 inch lift will look fine on 22's, just go with 10 inch wide tires front and rear, that way you can rotate the tires if you ever need to. Just noticed your 1st Cav patch too, you stationed at Ft. Hood? I was there from 87-89 with the 2nd Armored Div, Hell On Wheels! Thanks for your service also for our country
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car