lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
DaBigNuttedMan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default need to talk with you wizards

just scored our first cart ezgo serial# 806085 other#f1694 any body know what year this thing is, it's got a robin eh29c in a basket is this engine family any good for a putter? what years did this engine family run? is my cart just a marathon or a txt? whats a txt?
basicly I need ya guys to teach me all ya know in the next five minutes
DaBigNuttedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: need to talk with you wizards

Yeah~ Like that's gonna happen
I have been trying for 5 yrs to teach my wife to turn the key off at night!~!?
Another thing She can't seem to learn is to put the seat up when she's done peeing.

Looks like your Cart is 1994 TXT SERIES cart. TXT is a platform that Ezgo used for the next 8 yrs and more
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #3
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also guess a 94 would be the two cylinder four-stroke engine, and not the single piston two-stroke.

The TXT bodies are a bit nicer looking than the Marathons if you're planning on modding, though the metal body on my Marathon is pretty near indestructible.

Overall nice cart - I think there's a reason there are so many old EZGos still kicking around. They built them good, and they're fixable!

Have fun with it - the four stroke guys can probably tell you more about the engine.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:30 AM   #4
DaBigNuttedMan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Scotty and Scooter thanks so much, so is it safe to say we have a txt not a marathon, or is it a marathon-txt ? thanks again.
also you engine guys where is a good place to get a deal on engine parts like crank rods pistons etc and are they genuine robin-wisconsin parts? does the aftermarket make any parts ? whats availible in that regard.
I'm an engine builder by trade so in that way there is some stability in this new carting venture.
I think I saw a thread on this site regarding manuals on file, are they here somewhere for a eh29c ? thanks all Randy
Old 06-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

for parts, check with the sponsors..marathon and txt are two completely different animals. for manuals go to top of this foruum and find the "gas tech" section. scroll down to the one with the stars. bennett has a large selection.

and welcome to BGW.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #6
DaBigNuttedMan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks Madoc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO