lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
slojoenova
Not Yet Wild

Default 48 volt question

What is the differance of a cart that come with 4 - 12 volt batteries or a cart that comes with 6 - 8 volt batteries.

If your pricing a new cart it is an upgrade for the 6 - 8 volts??

wondering Y?
slojoenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 48 volt question

i don,t have the whole answer but C.C. started putting in 12 volt batteries a few years back and than after just a few years they went back to 8 volt batteries.........lots of complaints one would think......you get more years and more ride time with 8 volt batteries that much i know.............as for 8 volts being an upgrade on new carts this is the 1st time i have heard that but i don,t often see brand new carts......there are a few guys here who will know and i,m sure when they read this they,ll give an answer............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
slojoenova
Not Yet Wild

Yea ... if you spec out a new one standard it comes with 4 - 12 volt batteries. For a 1-2 hundred you can get 6 - 8 volts.
slojoenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slojoenova View Post
What is the differance of a cart that come with 4 - 12 volt batteries or a cart that comes with 6 - 8 volt batteries.

If your pricing a new cart it is an upgrade for the 6 - 8 volts??

wondering Y?
The Club Car website shows 6 x 8v as the standard fitting
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
brianwsnc
Not Yet Wild

A friend of mine that has been messing with CC's for many years said Six 8 volts are the way to go. He said Four 12 volt bats are too stressed. Fail sooner and don't have the mileage.

Probably has to do with haveing more "mass" and cooler operating temps. (if you think about it, 6 batteries have more cooling surface than 4. )
brianwsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:59 AM   #6
gsp041
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just converted my 06 Precedent that had the 4-12 volt configuration to the 6-8 volt configuration. In talking to TahoeDawgZ71, I am pretty sure Club Car when back to the 6-8volt setup in mid-2008 or in their 2009 models as standard equipment.
gsp041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car