lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
prberk31399
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2004 ez go with brand new battery and won't turn over

I have a 2004 gas ez go. Last summer I had a new engine put in it.(engine siezed) I brought it home the end of the season and placed in my garage. I also disconnected the battery as not to drain it. Upon reconnecting, the battery had died. New battery placed and it fired up. After a few "bumpy" laps in the yard, the cart sputtered to a stop. I had found before loose connections to be a problem so I went through what I saw wiggled and tightned what I could. I am not mechanically inclined so I am not quite sure where to look. All I know it was running and now it's not. I ended up pushing it back to the garage. Since then about a week now I've gotten it to to turn over but not sustainable. I am guessing it's a loose connection some where but where? Battery is brand new engine is too. I've got power to the lights but that's it. Any ideas?
prberk31399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
firecart1
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2004 ez go with brand new battery and won't turn over

Could it be as simple as the F-N-R switch just out of place? Are you positive the battery is completely charged? Check connections at the key switch and the accellerator pedal safety switch. Keep trying and let us know!!
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
yardape
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 ez go with brand new battery and won't turn over

Check the ground conection on engine block and check connections at starter.Make sure there tight.With the head lights on ,do they dim right out while cranking?
yardape is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO