lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
tjb1984
Not Yet Wild

Default Alot of issues...

I have a 79 2stroke EZGO. When it arrived here it had no spark, Had 4 wires going to the coil, A purple and a black going to the - side and both a blue and yellow wire going to the + side. When i remove the Purple from the - side i get tons of spark.

Then the fuel was bad so i got rid of every drop of old and put new fuel in, Plug is wet, Tons of spark but no fire.. Just a back fire once in a blue moon. With the cover off the front of the engine i see there are points that seem to be adjustable. Could it be so outa wack that it wont start at all? Where does the purple wire go? lol

Any point in the right direction would be great..
tjb1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alot of issues...

According to the circuit diagram there should be only two wires to the coil. A light blue from the switched side of the solenoid to the + of the coil and a black on the -ve to the breaker points.

I would start with a new NGK plug as it is not unknown for an old plug to fail under pressure. If you have spark and fuel I would next check the crankshaft seals. This can be done by jacking up the back end and getting someone to crank the engine whilst you squirt WD40 right where the shaft comes out of the crankcase. If the engine starts or if it sounds different you have a defective seal. You can also do the same for the front seal by spraying behind the breaker set.
If you have a seal issue you are going to have to replace them but before you do so I would check for bearing wear as defective bearings will rip your new seals up in minutes. Simply grab the clutch and try to lift the engine up and down. If you feel the slightest movement between the shaft and the block you will need to also replace the bearings.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO