lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Precedent rear speakers....anyone done this?

I put mine in the kick panel... no issues and sounded great being it was sort of using the battery bay as a box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg club car speakers2.jpg (152.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg club car speakers4.jpg (163.3 KB, 0 views)
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
rcdd
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBuggy View Post
I put mine in the kick panel... no issues and sounded great being it was sort of using the battery bay as a box.
What size speakers are those? Nice install......
rcdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #13
screamin chicken
Getting Wild

I had a over head custom made (by me) lol and it was nice but I didn't like all that stuff above, So I bought that new dash that has 2 6.5 cut outs, and the stereo mounts in the middle with 2 cup holders. I then built me my own box to fit between the front and rear seat that holds another pair of 6.5. I then have a ported box in the cavity above the rear that holds a Rockford 12, powered by a Rockford 500 watt mono amp, it hits so loud and hard........ Neons are led car ones that change colors, work with music.....
screamin chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #14
jcberry1
Not Yet Wild

Hello,

I want to install two 6.5" speakers on the deck in-between my front and rear seats too. The Sony speakers are required to sit 4" below the surface...will I have at least 6" of clearance? Many thanks for your help. Jim
jcberry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #15
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I've got a pair of marine grade polk audio shallow mount speakers installed in the kick panel similar to beerbuggy hooked to a marine grade kenwood unit installed under the dash - with built in amp. Sounded pretty darn good like that but my son wanted some bass. So, I bought a 50amp Bazooka tube and mounted it in the space between the front and rear seatbacks. My lights and stereo stuff are all wired to a dedicated 12v marine battery under the rear seat. We use our cart at a large campground where I've seen just about everything you can think of for cart audio ideas and ours is by far the best sounding system in the whole place. There's even a guy who builds custom carts that has a limo cart complete with video screens and all sorts of crazy lights but his still doesn't sound as good as mine. We are only allowed to crank up the volume so far but plenty far and then some for my tastes - so we have no need for some of the high wattage setups some people try to go with.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:44 AM   #16
Billy Hale
Not Yet Wild

I bought a set of box speakers with the brackets from Lowes, and installed them between the front and back seat. I can point to the front or back, and can also take them off if needed. They are white now but they will be spray painted black when I get a chance, and what I like best is I did not have to cut any holes. They sound really great, and I think I paid about $80.00 for them. Just another idea!
Billy Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car