lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #21
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G14/G11 re-ring

Fantastic news! Good job
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
Robodad
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Fantastic news! Good job
Hey Thanks SB450 so far so good, have only driven the cart about 10 times for about 3-5 minutes each time and let it cool off completely in between so hopefully them rings are well on the way to being set, I'll be changing the oil next so your thoughts on synthetic or stick with yamalube ??

Also I couldn't find any place that oil sensor wire plugs in, do you happen to have a photo of where the other one comes from, That light on the dash is constantly on ??
Robodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Oil sensor should be in the bottom of the oil pan.

I like to break something in then switch to synthetic. New cars/etc are built with great precision these days and can run synthetic new but small engines are not necessarily that way. Likely it does not matter. However you don't want break in oil in the engine that long anyway so why waste the money on synthetic, any debris or wear in metal/or lube/etc will be in that oil.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #24
Robodad
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Oil sensor should be in the bottom of the oil pan.

I like to break something in then switch to synthetic. New cars/etc are built with great precision these days and can run synthetic new but small engines are not necessarily that way. Likely it does not matter. However you don't want break in oil in the engine that long anyway so why waste the money on synthetic, any debris or wear in metal/or lube/etc will be in that oil.
Thanks for the reply sho305, I am wondering where the wire from the oil sensor plugs in, I cannot locate where on the wiring harness, do you have a diagram on where the wire goes ??

I'll likely go get some synthetic oil in the morning and get that changed
Old 09-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #25
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

DAH!!! Came to me why your piston had marks in it....the screws that held the choke disc on! Saw a few when we sold/serviced generators, guess the constant high rpm used caused the screws to come loose. Remember to use loctite when you put those screws in. Did you get the package?
Old 09-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #26
Robodad
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
DAH!!! Came to me why your piston had marks in it....the screws that held the choke disc on! Saw a few when we sold/serviced generators, guess the constant high rpm used caused the screws to come loose. Remember to use loctite when you put those screws in. Did you get the package?
Perhaps you are on to something !!! The marks are consistant with the size of the screws, perhaps the previous owner replaced the head then as there were no marks on that, maybe the valves were hammered too much and needed to replace the entire thing ??

I did get the package last night when I returned from fishing it was waiting on my deck, Thank You very much for them parts, I will get the money to you pronto !!! Any particular method you prefer ??

Im hoping to get to the oil change and replace those shrowd parts and fix the carb choke tomorrow, today is football from 10:00am-5:00pm with the Seahawks playing early and the Packers vs rams this afternoon !!!

Thanks again for your help and parts !!

Allen...
Old 09-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #27
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodad View Post
Thanks for the reply sho305, I am wondering where the wire from the oil sensor plugs in, I cannot locate where on the wiring harness, do you have a diagram on where the wire goes ??

I'll likely go get some synthetic oil in the morning and get that changed
The sensor appears to be an optional item on those carts so I don't think they were wired for them, but not sure. Far as I know they wire to the light above the pedals usually. IIRC the wire is hot and the sensor grounds it usually, since it is wired through the bulb then it lights up.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #28
Robodad
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yeah I cannot seem to find where that sensor plugs in, guess I'll just check the oil often !!

I have another question.....Where and how do I check the oil in the rear transaxlemission thingy ?? I see where to drain the stuff out but not where to fill it back up. I don't know what is in there so I want to change it, there is a rubber hose fitting there like an overflow or vent perhaps thats it ??
Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #29
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodad View Post
Yeah I cannot seem to find where that sensor plugs in, guess I'll just check the oil often !!

I have another question.....Where and how do I check the oil in the rear transaxlemission thingy ?? I see where to drain the stuff out but not where to fill it back up. I don't know what is in there so I want to change it, there is a rubber hose fitting there like an overflow or vent perhaps thats it ??
Tranaxlemission thingy? The drain bolt is on the bottom, you take the rubber hose fitting (vent tube) out to refill. There is a bolt, on the driverside about 3 inches up from the bottom (it has a red gasket/seal on it), take it out and fill 90 weight gear lube thru the vent hole till gear lube comes out. Or just drain the lube and refill with .85 qt. In the ownwers manual wire diagram, the low oil level sensor should plug into a yellow wire, but that doesnt sound correct to me. Can you take a picture of the wireharness where all the engine components (ignition coil/TCI ect) plug in?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #30
Robodad
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Tranaxlemission thingy? The drain bolt is on the bottom, you take the rubber hose fitting (vent tube) out to refill. There is a bolt, on the driverside about 3 inches up from the bottom (it has a red gasket/seal on it), take it out and fill 90 weight gear lube thru the vent hole till gear lube comes out. Or just drain the lube and refill with .85 qt. In the ownwers manual wire diagram, the low oil level sensor should plug into a yellow wire, but that doesnt sound correct to me. Can you take a picture of the wireharness where all the engine components (ignition coil/TCI ect) plug in?
Ok here is what I have, I know it looks redneck but it came this way so it may not be right !!

Also do I just pull that rubber vent hose thing out or pour the gear oil down the vent tube ??

Is that bolt with the red gasket you speak of there on the front of this contraption ??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha