lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Ezgohunter1
Not Yet Wild

Default Stupid question on wiring headlights

I have a 48v cart and bought some 48v h3 bulbs. They have one connection on the bulb so I am at a loss on how to wire them. I am not an electrician but I do have a little knowledge on the subject but this one has me confused. Please help me understand how these bulbs work.
Ezgohunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
razor1
Gone Wild

Default Re: Stupid question on wiring headlights

Most likely they are grounded to the frame, which is how cars work. You need to open up the housing, disconnect the ground and connect a wire there that you'll run back to the negative of the battery pack.
razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Ezgohunter1
Not Yet Wild

I will try this and see what happens. I ordered an inexpensive 48 to 12 10A converter also. This should be sufficient for lights only.
Ezgohunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezgohunter1 View Post
I have a 48v cart and bought some 48v h3 bulbs. They have one connection on the bulb so I am at a loss on how to wire them. I am not an electrician but I do have a little knowledge on the subject but this one has me confused. Please help me understand how these bulbs work.
The metal flange on the bulb is the other connection. Your lamp housings should have two wires. There should be no wiring connections to the vehicle frame/body in any way! One wire of the lamps goes to B- on the battery pack, the other wire goes to B+. You can put your switch in either wire and fuse either wire. I would fuse the wire with the switch in it.
Edit: I just read where you're ordering a voltage reducer. You won't need it using 48V bulbs!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO