lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 Marathon

If the direction selector is anything other than rock solid you have contact problems. If you have intermittent success you may have bad contacts. First check to see if there is a sweet spot that is consistently working ... if yes it may just be a shift linkage adjustment is needed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks scotty. Yeah there is a sweet spot in both fwd and reverse, a very exact single sweet spot from what I can tell.

I've restored boats in the past, but this is my first buggie (no more room in the driveway for old boats;). Going to take apart the linkage tonight and see what I can make of it.
79camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79camaro View Post
How would I determine if it is getting a good connection or not?
You can feel the cables and studs after climbing a steep hill. If they're warm, you high some resistance in the connection. If they are hot, you need to fix it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
79camaro
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

turns out the fnr has a metal "stop" that stops it from going to far forward or back physically, and it was pretty bent. Took it apart and bent it back, and all is good to go. Thanks again fellas. Now I can start my total restore log.
79camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO