lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 Lift question

Hello, I am wondering if i can just gain a inch or two front and back by just changing shocks? I dont want to lift the cart, just maybe a little bigger tires and a inch or two with shocks and tires. is there any obsticals?
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Lift question

My advice is to figure what you want for wheels and tires and let that answer your question. I'd shop for a 3-4" budget lift then get my tires/wheels. I'm not a fan of a shock only lift of any kind. Just me....
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

not looking to lift it at all, just beefier tires and better ride/ shocks
Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you go any longer on the front-shocks,it will throw the front-end alignment off.It will make the tires sit on the outer-edges.You can get stock-replacements,Yours are probably tired by now anyway.The problem with G1s' is that the wheel-wells are so small,that anything more than a stock tire will rub,so lifting it,even a little is needed just to go up to a 20" tire,from the stock 18".Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

ya i hear ya,...what 32 year old shocks they got a good excuse to be tired , even a 18 as long as it has some bite to it. The tires for saving turf just spin out on my hill when the grass is wet and if its muddy its like ice skating. hehe
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

You can get regular Knobbies in 18" pretty cheap,and they work good.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Some of the gokarts use a knobby 18", that would be the max and not tear up grass much. The tractor tires are terrible they vibrate and tear things up, also in 18s. With yamaha you have to get a lift (or make one see the pachanga thread on it) because they have front a-arms. The angle will be off if you change height without remounting the arms at your new height. And usually you need to move the arms forward for 22s to clear the frame by the floor. On a G2 I put 20x10 on the rear and 20x8 on the front a lawn traction tire worked great. Maybe not in mud but same deal he needed to get up a hill of wet grass. Like this tire: http://i.tfcdn.com/img2/F8y_E1AABcEx...D_gc*/fyVMtP8A They might fit G1 with a few mods I don't know. ATV tires end up larger than they say I don't think they count the tread sticking out. Anyway budget is up to you but the ride and ability of a cart is much better lifted with 20-24" atv tires.

I have no idea who this place is, just found it on a search, but here you can see some 18" knobbies you can get:
https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/ca...ategory=8TIRES
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

something like these would be good. https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/ca...e/GATK290C.htm just for the rear the fronts could stay. I just am not wanting to lift it, I like it low. If I can get better suspension so it dont hit so hard on a bump. The old stock stuff is just so stiff. I see some shock that would be 1 inch longer eye to eye but i am just wondering if there stout enough. Its snowing and I almost couldnt get her back up to the house. It was fun on flat ground.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

There are actually quite a few options for 18" tires with 8" rim.Quad-Racers use that size for Flat-Track,TT,and Moto-X.A standard Rectangle-Knobby tread will perform great on most terrain,and won't hurt your lawn under normal use.The good part about a mostly stock-cart is the inability to spin the tires much.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #10
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Something like this is what I was thinking for the rear. There about 3/4 to 1" longer eye to eye. Only thing is not sure if there stout enough. hate to blow 100 bucks, prob can resel them and only loose 50.. or so if they dont work. any thoughts. I got to look around to see what can be used in the front. one thing at a time... (-: http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-5-320mm-A...c3adff&vxp=mtr
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha