lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Oil flush??

I read the oil additives sticky, but I had a different kind of question....Whenever I have bought a new car I would put some mmo in the oil, and run it for an hour or 2. Then do a hot oil change to get it as clean as possible. I was wondering if it would hurt to do that in the g2 golf cart. The oil is really black, and old looking in it. I was thinking of adding some mmo to the oil, and running it for a little bit, and then doing a hot oil change, and refilling with some 10w30 synthetic.....Does anyone see any harm in that?
deerslayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
rwt101
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Oil flush??

Are you talking about Marvel Mystery Oil? IMO I would not use it because it is an older cart. I would change the oil and let the oil clean it. And then use synthetic if you want to.
Just my thought.
Bob T
rwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

ok thanks!
Old 02-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
deerslayer1985
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Oh, and yes. I was talking about marvel mystery oil! lol
Old 02-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I doubt it would hurt but don't overfill it or it may puke into the airbox. I would never recommend any type of cleaner in the oil, but mmo is oil itself. I had a car blow up on me after using a cleaner so I never used that stuff again. I put cheap oil in (cheap oil, maybe a thing of the past but at least a cart is only 1qt) and change it in a short time to clean an engine. I have poured some diesel fuel down the top of engine (in valve cover) after the oil drained out, just to rinse the pan out a little, before I put the plug in and fill it. Again I would never run it with anything but oil in it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yep,With a Splash-Lube,don't add anything.Run a few quarts of regular oil thru it over a few weeks,then switch to Synthetic(same weight as regular).If you are really gonna run it hard,You can get oil from ATV or Go-Kart Shops that are meant for extreme-use.Klotz is one Mfg.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha