lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #1
barjam
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Clone parts

Newbie here and reading thru the forum I see a lot of talk about clone motors and other clone parts, have a 94 G9 unit, is there a clone motor that will replace the Yamaha motor without having to carry out to many modifications to the rest of the components or base frame, also is there a clone clutch available?
barjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Clone parts

Welcome!The mounts are fairly easy to build,as far as I know,noone is selling a kit for them.The clutch is a 1" straight-shaft aftermarket unit,or get the adapter from CPP,and reuse your stock clutch,Thats what most of us do anyway.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Clone parts

It requires some work because the clone engine cylinder leans back in a G2/9, so all the linkages are in the wrong place as are the airbox and exhaust. You have to change and fabricate all that stuff. The mount is not bad it is just a couple pieces of bar to connect the stock front and rear mount. You can use the stock clutch and belt if you line it up that way. It is a lot of work to get it all done, not really hard to do, but you need some time and persistence. It helps if you like to do that kind of thing, maybe have access to a welder or a friend that can. You don't need to mod the frame that I know of, but should check the area under the battery for rust damage. Check out the clone section in big blocks, there are posts about yamahas including mine. Way fun to drive now, a 420 feels like twice the power. Mine still starts like stock with the pedal.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha