lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
windfisch
Not Yet Wild

Default 87 resistor wrong?

So I don't know if the cart is wired correctly.I tried to follow a diagram I got off this forum and now have screwed things up totally. The way it was wired when I bought it was on the F&R switch the top bolt has the S-1 cable, the second bolt below and right is the A-2 cable the bottom bolt has the cable going to the positive side of the battery and the bolt on the left side of switch has a cable going to the solenoid. Does this sound correct? On the solenoid the other big post has the 2 cables going to the number one contact on the accelerator board (and swiper contact does this sound correct? It was working before I changed the accelerator board and swiper I thought it was working kinda weird it jumps when accelerating and now I tried to change wires around to match the diagram and have nothing won't move I will try and put it back to where it was working, when I changed board out it now moves forward without touching accelerator pedal. Something is wired wrong for sure........ Thanks for any help on this!
windfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 87 resistor wrong?

Have you checked your wiring against the diagram here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rt-wiring.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
windfisch
Not Yet Wild

I've tried to follow it, what would be helpful if someone had an actual picture of the F&R switch and solenoid and accelerator board. I've traced some of my control wiring and think its correct, not totally sure the power wiring is!!!!!!!??????
Old 04-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Not trying to be smart but,
In my experience, pictures of the F&R don't show where the wires go like a diagram does?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
windfisch
Not Yet Wild

Well I'll have to agree with you there, maybe if I find someone out there with the same cart I can look at it or take a pict. and somehow trace the wiring! thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
83liftedezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If you get yours going ill have to keep watching this thread I changed my resistor parts to another cart and can only get reverse maybe if you get yours fixed I can ask some question or the other way around
83liftedezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
rib33024

if your talking about the bottom lug on the wiper board as # 1,? this is wrong, nothing goes on the first/ bottom lug, the cables only hook to 4 upper lugs, the bottom lug is NOT hook to anything

( cables going to the number one contact on the accelerator board )

this is the only problem i see

Quote: windfisch
On the solenoid the other big post has the 2 cables going to the number one contact on the accelerator board (and swiper contact does this sound correct?

yes this is how mine is wires

quote: windfisch
on the F&R switch the top bolt has the S-1 cable, the second bolt below and right is the A-2 cable the bottom bolt has the cable going to the positive side of the battery and the bolt on the left side of switch has a cable going to the solenoid. Does this sound correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3010.jpg (185.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3011.jpg (183.0 KB, 0 views)
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what the???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO