lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #41
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Checklist for purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskyiscrying View Post
eflyguy, yes, I'm just south of Kennesaw in Douglasville. What's the name of the place? Where do you recommend I get a controller?
BP Rebuilders on Canton Road. Speak to Bill (owner) and tell him Andy referred you, he'll appreciate knowing that. Call to make sure he has the batteries, as he goes thru them quickly, but you might want to get him to make you up all new cables as well - he made the 4ga for me that I had on until I upgraded the controller, now I'm all 2ga. As you're changing the batteries, now is the time to do all the wires - with the batteries out, the motor wires will be a breeze. You do need to know if it's series or DCS, though - see the sticky at the top of this forum.

Scotty (sponser, cartsunlimited) sold me my controller (400A) and charger (I went to 42V for hills and duration..)
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #42
theskyiscrying
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank eflyguy, I'm up in Kennesaw all the time as the wife likes the shopping up there. Now I can do my shopping up there as well

Yeah, I'll do the batteries and the wires at the same time. I might as well go with 2 ga while I'm at it, cause I know a bigger controller is in my future
theskyiscrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #43
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I concur with 2 gauge. The labor, solder, flux, "heat" (gas and ignition), lugs, and heat-shrink costs are the same (+/-). The incremental cost of the cable is worth it, especially if you "may" go to 500 amps.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #44
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just note that BP is only open during business hours, M-F. There may be exceptions though, ask when you speak to him. He also only takes cash (small guy trying to make a living)..
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO