lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2014, 06:18 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Got my new cart going but it has issues... please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow256 View Post
Id like to pimp slap the guy who sold me my new txt! I spent all freakin afternoon chasing down a short. It turns out where the ITS harness runs under the floor been shredded a long time ago. The guy told me it was running fine when it was parked. BS. If he would have just told me i would have still bought the cart. Johnnieb and Scottyb, i think there is a little flaw in both of the diagrams. The way the diagram shows the key switch circuit, i think the pedal micro would have to clicked to have power to the controller on pin 1. I had to tap the hot wire after the key switch but before the ITS micro. I hope i said it right where yall know what im trying to say. All is working as it should now. Next to deal with the rear end problem. Thanks once again for your help.
The schematics are correct is as far as they match the way EZGO wired the circuit and you are correct that the controller does not power up until the pedal is pushed.

However, there's more than one way to skin a cat and in EZGO's later designs such as the DCS and the PDS, the controller powers up when the key is on and a direction is selected. Of course, those are more sophisticated controllers and need more time to power up properly.

FWIW: If I had a series drive cart, I would also rewire it so the controller powered up when the key was on and a direction was selected.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO