lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #21
YzBrad99
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Check out my high speed gears 48v PDS cart. With a custom D&D motor I got ~36 mph on 18" tires. Plenty of torque too that slightly spun the tires on paved corners if there was ANY loose sand or small pebbles. If you give up a few more mph then you would get more torque back.

D&D motor was an ES-5H-50. Vic or Eric know this one.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-upgrade.html
Yea I talked to Vic today, I'm either going to go this route with a custom motor he can put together or possibly a Dual stage motor if they have good enough ratings.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
YzBrad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2014, 06:44 AM   #22
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need more torque on 6:1 gears

I can only translate the difference in torque and speed settings, on the EMP, to the load I am carrying. In speed setting, the cart takes some time to get rolling with three or four people on. In torque, there is no hesitation. Top speed difference, according to my GPS, is about 6 mph.

It looks like you have everything you need to convert to 48 volt. HD switch, solenoid and the controller is rated 24-48.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:19 PM   #23
YzBrad99
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe View Post
I can only translate the difference in torque and speed settings, on the EMP, to the load I am carrying. In speed setting, the cart takes some time to get rolling with three or four people on. In torque, there is no hesitation. Top speed difference, according to my GPS, is about 6 mph.

It looks like you have everything you need to convert to 48 volt. HD switch, solenoid and the controller is rated 24-48.
I am converted. You can tell by the battery posts on the 8V batteries are on the same side.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #24
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

[B]I am converted. You can tell by the battery posts on the 8V batteries are on the same side. [/B]

Ok, see that now. And, went back and re-read your original post. The one where it also says you are running 48V.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:41 PM   #25
YzBrad99
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
[B]I am converted. You can tell by the battery posts on the 8V batteries are on the same side. [/B]

Ok, see that now. And, went back and re-read your original post. The one where it also says you are running 48V.
Yea its a nice setup. Talked to EMP and they might be able to convert my motor to a 2-stage motor.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #26
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

They are good people. Converting to their two stage would be much cheaper in the long run. You can do the conversion by hand or add the CC F&R shifter they sell/recommend.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #27
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I'm just curious, is it the motor that is changeable from torque to speed? If so, can it be changed on the fly? That way you could use torque to get going with four people in it, then change to speed.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:33 AM   #28
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I'm just curious, is it the motor that is changeable from torque to speed? If so, can it be changed on the fly? That way you could use torque to get going with four people in it, then change to speed.
Yes it can. They sell a kit that uses a CC f/r switch to change from torque to speed. Cost is around $100 for switch and cables.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO