lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: High speed motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
WELL All I really know is this...... I took my newly purchased cart a year ago, which had a totally stock drive system and 23" tires on it, which would max out at 12 to 13 mph. I totally replaced my drive system with an ALLTRAX SPM-48500 Controller, HD F&R Switch, 400A SD Solenoid, 2 Ga. Cables, AMD 7126 "RAPTOR" Motor......and now it runs 27 mph all day long! lol and I love it. and that is on 36v as well.
Those must be some huge batteries to get 24 hour run-time.

Kidding aside, if I had a series cart, I'd probably do something similar and love it too.

The reason I bought the particular cart I have is because SWMBO liked the nose art.
I knew next to nothing about carts at the time and it just happened to be a PDS.

Except for level land hardly existing in the area, my needs are modest, so (with upgrades as needed) a series, a sepex or an AC drive would work for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coyote Nose Art.jpg (309.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg coyote-logo.JPG (11.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2014, 04:14 AM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
HP = Torque * RPM / 5252, so one motor can generate 6.1 HP while propelling a cart at 3 MPH and a different motor can generate 6.1 HP while propelling the same cart at 30 MPH.

In and of itself, HP is a poor yardstick for measuring motor performance since it is a calculated value based on two variables.
The amount of Torque produced at a specific RPM is what counts.

Your motor generates 6.1 HP @ 5330 RPM with a 48V battery pack and Torque = HP * 5252 / RPM, so it is producing 6.0 Ft/Lb at 5330 RPM.

That motor is most definitely wound for high speed.
Since it's rated at 36 volts it may generate more HP at 48.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:23 AM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Those must be some huge batteries to get 24 hour run-time.

Kidding aside, if I had a series cart, I'd probably do something similar and love it too.

The reason I bought the particular cart I have is because SWMBO liked the nose art.
I knew next to nothing about carts at the time and it just happened to be a PDS.

Except for level land hardly existing in the area, my needs are modest, so (with upgrades as needed) a series, a sepex or an AC drive would work for me.
I suspect most people buy their first buggy without knowing much about them. At least I didn't get CC. The only thing that I think would outperform mine was a junk WorkHorse that I rebuilt the engine on, and eliminated the governor. No speedo, but it was fast even with two people in the dumpbed. I still wish I had enough room in my three garage to have kept it. Lots of fum on icy roads, and it even close to flipping it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #24
stang99x
Gone Wild

I've got an old 1998 TXT Series with that 7126 "raptor" like Yurtle and Nuke. I paired it with an Alltrax 4484 and it will run 23mph with 4 people up a hill....and it will go as fast as you have the ballz for down a hill. I GPS clocked it up to 34x before I was concerned about my face meeting the pavement.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #25
jamie e.
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Stuart,

I have a 94 36v Marathon that I switched over to 48v. Sent stock motor to Plum Quick, installed a 400 amp controller, #1 wires, new US Batteries, 4" lift and 22" tires and 6:1 gears. Showing around 52v across batteries. Cart flies! 40 mph. Had to call Scottyb and get disc brakes for it because the drum brakes wouldn't stop it.Also, gonna have to change the motor though because it gets very hot if I run it hard for too long.
jamie e. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:30 PM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Those 6:1 gears will forever result in excessive motor heat (and accelerated motor failure). 6:1 gears and oversized tires is generally a good recepie for disaster.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO