lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Garden Racer
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Electric barely moves and shutters

Hi Everyone,
New to this forum and Carts.

We were given an Electric, I believe, DS by our neighbors to use in our large garden. Put 4 12v deep cycle in, all great. Ran plenty strong and lasted long enough. Wife happy.

Wife sitting in cart with foot on brake. Evil child puts foot on "gas". This competition goes on for about a minute without myself present to physically remove either offender.

Cart barely crawls and shutters as push further on "gas". Wife not happy.

I believe it is an DS, series. F/R lever, v-glide potentiometer, 1 solenoid that I can see with the resistor across the lugs, no tow switch, no small wires coming out of motor.

50+ volts across the pack and 50 to the motor with key on. Charging fine. 2 fuses fine. Seems something is cooked.

Seems unlikely Wife and Child are first stupid people to do this. Maybe someone on here has had similar problem and fixed it without major expense and leaving their family?

Thanks for your help.
Garden Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Electric barely moves and shutters

Year of CC DS 48V cart?
Serial Number would be nice, too.
See sticky above.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
move, shuttering, slow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car