lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
stevey30
Not Yet Wild

Default lift kits

Hey,new to the forum,I have a 2000 workhorse,I have been thinking about lifting it.My question is,has anyone here used the kits the guy on Ebay is selling,its a complete kit front and rear for $100.00,it is a front drop axle type kit.I use my cart mostly around my property(picking sticks,rocks,mulch,ect.)I wanted to know if this kit would hold up,I hate to buy it and have it fall apart the first time I use it,thanks for any info you can give me.
stevey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: lift kits

Cost is a DIRECT relation to quality when looking at lift kits...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
stevey30
Not Yet Wild

No,this is an axle drop kit,the seller is Wickedcarts,they are $95 plus $25 shipping,it is a 5" drop kit.
stevey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For that $ it has got to be cheap import stuff. I wonder what he paid in order for him to make a profit ? Couldn't have been very much Anyway rule of trhumb is you get what you pay for. Steer clear of the cheapest lift kits you can find, generally speaking
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

What is a "drop beam" lift? I know what a "drop axel" and a "spindle lift" is. But, what is a "drop beam"?

"Listing Description:
You’re looking and bidding on a complete 5 " lift kit for your 1995 - 2001 Gas EZ-GO golf carts

The kit includes front drop beam

and spindle risers

comes in black powder coating

Please specify what year cart

The first picture of all the hardware shows both style kits- what you get depends on what year cart you have.

In one afternoon you could have the kit installed and out running around offroading in comfort

The carts in the pictures are not for sale in this auction. They are there to show you how your cart will look

Feel free to call, email, or visit our shop."

Sorry Randy, but anyone "in the know" should run fast and hard from this.....................big difference between a "drop axel" and a "spindle" lift, you cant make it a "tell me the year" kinda thing
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know the kit - it will not work on the rear of a Workhorse. The front will work, however. It's am import that uses spindle risers. You get what you pay for, try it and let us know what you think in a few months...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO