lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2015, 12:01 AM   #1
pYr8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Well, I guess It's Mine Now

My Dad passed away back in November & it looks like the '92 G9 is gonna be in my corral now.

For those that have helped before, I surely appreciate it!! It's been a pain!!

When I get to working on it, I'm gonna replace the wiring harness & see if I can't get the spark issue resolved. First thoughts anyway.

I'll get a post going on the progress when I get it here. That doggon thing has stuck a sliver in my craw in the past & I hope to whoop it into shape when I have it here at my place.

Thanks to all who all that have helped on this booger...!
Karl
pYr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2015, 12:23 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Well, I guess It's Mine Now

A complete wire harness? Where do you intend to find a new harness? A used cart? I have not looked on YDS, but i would guess yamaha might laugh at that request for a "brand new" harness.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #3
pYr8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I'll hit up a few shops around here but I'll probably end up fabricating one.
pYr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Rather than fabricating one, I'd just check each wire on the one you have. Look for bare spots, broken wires and bad terminals.

pick up a cheap voltage tester with Ohms capability so you can check wires from one end to the other so you can find any that may be broken inside the insulation. It doesn't happen much but can happen.

There isn't really that much wiring in the cart and it's color coded. I think it would be much easier to check what you have and fix it than too fabricate an entire wiring harness.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha