lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
sleek98
Not Yet Wild

Default Biggest tire on a stock wheel 2007

Can I fit a 20x8-8 on the stock wheels and have it clear everything?

Looking to replace my tires but don't really want to upgrade the wheels. I can get 20x8-8 tires from a local tractor store for around 45 each. Or I can get the stock 18x8.5-8 from them for a few bucks cheaper.
sleek98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Biggest tire on a stock wheel 2007

You can usually fit 20x8 on most carts if they are lawn tires. There are some knobby atv style tires in 18 you can fit, the atv tires the tread sticks out much more so often 20 atv dont fit. I fit 20x10-8 on the rear of a G9 no problem, could have put them on the front with small spacers, these were lawn tractor traction tires. Only bad part is 2ply lawn tires will get punctures more often off road. In general 1" more tire is .5 each side, so if you can fit your fingers around the tire and it does not hit, 1" taller tire will fit. Don't forget if weight on the cart it can get closer to the tire, but often the front tires hit when you turn sharp is the usual issue. Most cart wheels you buy are offset more outwards, this gives more clearance on the back side, if you lift it you get more clearance on the top. If you actually buy wheels only special 8s will fit carts with a dish rear section, go to 10s or more. Most lifts will not accommodate 8" wheels, lifted carts are not really safe without offset wheels anyway.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #3
sleek98
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply. I will check on the 4 vs 2 ply and get whatever size has the 4 ply. Thanks for the quick response
Old 06-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

This is a g29 with no lift . 10x7 wheels with 20x10-10 tires. No rubbing anywhere. Might wanna add a push pin to the rear mud flap thingy if you have a g29.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Old 06-07-2015, 02:51 PM   #6
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Old 06-07-2015, 02:51 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I don't know what you will find the lawn tires I put on one were 2 ply. They were fine for yards but he hit the woods here and there and got a couple punctures. Put them on because he got stuck in sand and wet grass on hills, and he could not walk that well. It really helped the cart though, they worked great.

Wow those just fit, looks great Dbmachine! I see some dbs hanging from the roof, nice.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:47 PM   #8
sleek98
Not Yet Wild

Yep all they had were 2 ply. I could have swore I saw one of the sizes were 4 ply. Oh well.

DBmachine those were the exact wheels that I want, but don't want to spring for them at the moment. Where did you pick that setup from? Also any issues with 4 adults on there?

It seem like most of the places I have been looking the packages are 22-10-10 when looking at those wheels. I guess I could order them separate but then I would have to get them mounted.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #9
sleek98
Not Yet Wild

I actually found these tires and wanted to see what the thoughts were with using them on stock rims and then also on the offset wheels linked. I have the ivory wheels now but would like the black wheels look, and they are super cheap.

tires:
http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...a-t-tire/40369

Wheels:
http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...-(black)/10327

Or tire #2 with the offset black wheels.
http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...fox-tire/40911
Old 06-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The desert tires are nice for roads, when you want an off road tire but run hard surfaces. They are not very good in mud. The Fox tires will work well anywhere but wear faster on hard surfaces. Those are skinny 7" wide front tires, narrow and not like the photo shows. Rims look good, that is a good standard offset to use. Mine are 3+5. But again remember you don't want 8" wheel if you plan on a lift they will not fit many of them. For that reason I'd say get 10" wheels/tires if you can, not lifted it does not matter. I lifted mine long ago before lifts were for sale, I did it with a welder lol.

Stock wheel is 3.5/3.5. That means a 2/5 is 1.5 less wheel on the inside and 1.5" more wheel hanging out the fender of your cart on the outside.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha