lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
davidwomackw436
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha g14 with newly installed Rhox lift kit back of golf cart is higher than the fr

I am new to golf carts and I can figure out why the back of my Yamaha g14 golf cart is not setting level other than the sway bar has a bend in it? Can some one help me with is problem please!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk
davidwomackw436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2019, 07:58 PM   #2
LiquidTimes
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g14 with newly installed Rhox lift kit back of golf cart is higher than th

Did you ever figure it out? I just installed the same lift on my G16 and it looks like yours - higher in the back. Thanks
LiquidTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:45 AM   #3
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g14 with newly installed Rhox lift kit back of golf cart is higher than th

I don't know if this helps any or not, but I recently installed a 7" AllSports lift on my G2. It also sits a few inches higher in the rear, looks to have about the same amount of Rake as in your picture. Maybe its just the way the lift kits are designed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20.jpg (350.1 KB, 0 views)
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #4
LiquidTimes
Not Yet Wild

Thanks J-Rob. Mine looks similarly raked forward. I checked install and shocks and everything looks correct.

I may put spacers on the front shocks to raise it up a couple of inches to level the stance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20191207_154141.jpg (217.9 KB, 0 views)
LiquidTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:24 AM   #5
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

That would be cool! One thing I noticed with mine now that I bought some adjustable shocks. The height the shocks are set at kind of determines the camber of the wheels. I'd like to push mine up higher in the front, but think it would impact my camber too much.

Let me know how yours works out!

Love your cart btw, looks great!
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I think I would drive it a bit and let things settle before trying to modify anything. It takes a little time for everything to settle in place.

Once you get some bigger wheels and tires on it, it will change the way it looks also. It may not appear nearly as unlevel once the wheel wells are filled out. But the little tires are exacerbating the overall look IMO
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:39 AM   #7
Anthmatic2
Not Yet Wild

last year I put this lift kit on my g16 and had the same concern. Even with 23” tires and 3 people on the rear seat it still sits pretty high in the back.

I’m considering modifying the rear shock bracket and sway bar bracket that the kit comes with to level things out by lowering the rear a bit.
Anthmatic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:05 PM   #8
Yammy229
Not Yet Wild

My g16 is the same way . I put new shocks on the front and that raised it a little bit . I’m pretty sure it’s designed that for the backseat and passengers . I have 22 tires on it and got used to it
Yammy229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha