lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2020, 08:45 PM   #1
TubbyPtown
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 bent rear drivers side axle, looking for used part

I was crossing a narrow bridge with a short turn at the end. I turned to sharp and my back tire caught the bridge. My cart has custom rims and the tires stick out beyond the body of the cart — very annoying.

It bent my back, drivers side rear axle of my 2007 gas, G29 Yamaha. I’ve been looking for a used rear, passenger side axle but I’m being told it’s like finding a needle in a haystack and I should just buy a new one. New ones are $850-$950!

Can I find a used one? If so, where? Do you think I could get a machine shop to straighten it if I can’t find a used one? I was told an axle from 2007-12 model would work... Thank you in advance for your help!
TubbyPtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2020, 04:15 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 bent rear drivers side axle, looking for used part

2007-2014 will fit (according to yamaha parts catalog). It has to be for Team axle & has to be gas. Be very careful, the passenger side Electric axle is about 1/8" longer, looks just the same, and Doesnt fit!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:33 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyPtown View Post
I was crossing a narrow bridge with a short turn at the end. I turned to sharp and my back tire caught the bridge. My cart has custom rims and the tires stick out beyond the body of the cart — very annoying.

It bent my back, drivers side rear axle of my 2007 gas, G29 Yamaha. I’ve been looking for a used rear, passenger side axle but I’m being told it’s like finding a needle in a haystack and I should just buy a new one. New ones are $850-$950!

Can I find a used one? If so, where? Do you think I could get a machine shop to straighten it if I can’t find a used one? I was told an axle from 2007-12 model would work... Thank you in advance for your help!
If your brakes are questionable, the new axle assembly might be a good bet...if you can find one.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:03 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
2007-2014 will fit (according to yamaha parts catalog). It has to be for Team axle & has to be gas. Be very careful, the passenger side Electric axle is about 1/8" longer, looks just the same, and Doesnt fit!
And I was talking about the axle shaft only, not the whole transaxle.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:01 PM   #5
Bubsbuggie
Gone Wild

what's the alternative, a guy would be smart to purchase an identical run down version of the cart they have - just for parts some day.
Bubsbuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:02 PM   #6
matthd24
Getting Wild

Yamaha

You can get a Rear Axle Shaft Assembly- Driver Side for Yamaha G29/Drive Golf Carts for $399 on ebay free shipping. I have never bought one so idk on quality.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Axle-S...4383.l4275.c10

Also, anyone who needs wet breaks for a g29 you can get a kit for $250.
Golf Cart Brake Replacement Kit, Yamaha Drive,
http://justgolfcarts.com/golf-cart-b...hoCaCgQAvD_BwE
matthd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:57 PM   #7
TubbyPtown
Not Yet Wild

Great advice, thank you!

I found that axle on Ebay and got really excited.. then realized it was for an electric cart. Ebay can be tricky with the fine print :(
Old 01-13-2020, 05:58 PM   #8
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

If its a new axle, Id get it.

I haven't seen a brake assembly go bad on those cars yet. The ones Ive had open, there is still a ton of life left on them.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:04 PM   #9
matthd24
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
If its a new axle, Id get it.

I haven't seen a brake assembly go bad on those cars yet. The ones Ive had open, there is still a ton of life left on them.
This is good to know ! Yeah as long as you keep your fluid changes I bet they will
Last a long time !

Have you ever done gears in the team transaxle ? Just wondering how hard it is to do?

Thanks
matthd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #10
TubbyPtown
Not Yet Wild

Good to hear! I really appreciate everyones help. After calling about 30 yamaha dealers across the tri state area, a place called golf cart solutions in Collinsville, TX thinks they might have a rear axle. But they close at 5 so they will have to check tomorrow (bummer).

Tags
bent axle, need used axle, rear axle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha