lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #1
Cwschubbie
Not Yet Wild

Default New to me 1984 G1

I bought this G1 about 2 weeks ago for $180.
Was told it ran 2 years ago. Have a new carb and some fuel tank parts on order after putting a new battery and cables on it. Does crank very well, has spark, and fuel is getting to the carb, but it is pouring out of the overflow tube. Took the carb off and cleaned everything up, but the needle above the float is gone, thus the new carb on order.
I am also looking for the items circled in red on the attached pics, discontinued items.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Cwschubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #2
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: New to me 1984 G1

Welcome!
It cleaned up nice! Air box parts are hard to find - maybe eBay.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I hope you ordered a Yamaha carb? The aftermarket ones seem to be a waste of money. I'd rebuild the original Yamaha carb if you have it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:03 PM   #4
cardsrok
Getting Wild

I agree. I ordered an aftermarket carb until I can find an OEM for a rebuild. Put it on today and seems to be ok, BUT the the carb inlet tube is a little smaller than an original. It's like I need a gas line with 2 different id/od. It's tight putting it on the fuel pump but it slips on the carb too easy.
cardsrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:40 PM   #5
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Is there any chance you can install the needle from the aftermarket carb into the OEM carb?

Have you looked for the OEM parts for your carb?
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:48 PM   #6
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Check out this link, it will take you to the parts diagrams for your cart by system/category. This is the carburetor portion. It looks like all the parts you may need to rebuild the OEM carb are available. I found a new OEM needle valve for $17. Call Don Plowman if you want to support one of our site sponsors, or you can find the parts through other sites as well including e-bay. Just ensure you are buying OEM parts. I use Partzilla as well you can be certain it will be an OEM part from them.

Trust what Slo is saying about OEM carbs, take a quick look at how many threads there are here in the gas Yamaha section about any model that won't start or run right, you'll see a lot of them involve cheap Chinese carburetors, they rebuild and re-install OEM carb and the problem is gone.

Unless its wheels & tires or other accessory items such as seat covers and whatnot, OEM is always your best bet. The parts in your case have held up for nearly 40years now, spend a little more on OEM and get another 40 years out of that part.
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha