lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2020, 07:30 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Mystery issue - can you solve it?

Starter may have bitten the dust or a bad ground. Spin it over some by hand and try it again.. If nada run a jumper from battery negative to the engine block and see what happens
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2020, 10:36 PM   #12
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Starter may have bitten the dust or a bad ground. Spin it over some by hand and try it again.. If nada run a jumper from battery negative to the engine block and see what happens
Thanks, I'll give it a try and let ya know.
Cmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 12:43 PM   #13
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Update.
I replaced the battery. Still nothing. When I jump the solenoid now it turns the motor over.
I tried to disconnect the ground cable from the frame plate but can't. The bolt rounded off quickly and tried and tried, can't get it.

I traced every wire. Everything seems connected properly.

I'm lost.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:53 PM   #14
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

There is a blue wire that connects to small terminal on solenoid. Remove it and with key on push the gas pedal. It will have battery voltage if things are wired correct . Does it ? You can use a test light if you got one.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:58 AM   #15
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
There is a blue wire that connects to small terminal on solenoid. Remove it and with key on push the gas pedal. It will have battery voltage if things are wired correct . Does it ? You can use a test light if you got one.
I finally took the cart home so it's in my garage now and I have more access to tools. I disconnected the blue wire from the solenoid with the key in the on position and I am get voltage on the hot side of the solenoid but not on the other side of the solenoid. It does the same thing with the blue wire connected or not connected.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:23 PM   #16
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just to update.

I brought the cart back to my home where I can work on it in my garage with proper tools. I've tested the ground and it appears to be a good ground. I've replaced the battery. And still nothing. Upon replacing the battery however I was able to jump the solenoid and get the motor to turn over. But I cannot get the motor to engage by the pedal.

Any ideas?
Old 08-10-2020, 12:58 PM   #17
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm assuming you have a multimeter? start with 12 volts at battery, then keep negative on battery ground and check for voltage across main fuse near solenoid, then check for 12+ at key switch and verify 12 volts when turned to on position at other post...Then power goes to pedal box microswitch under floormat(you should be able to put your head on floormat by gas pedal and hear an audible click when pedal is pressed slowly) which sends power to small post of solenoid...check to see where you are loosing power in this circuit not activating solenoid...also I should mention one small post on your solenoid should have ground constantly.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 02:03 PM   #18
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoney View Post
I finally took the cart home so it's in my garage now and I have more access to tools. I disconnected the blue wire from the solenoid with the key in the on position and I am get voltage on the hot side of the solenoid but not on the other side of the solenoid. It does the same thing with the blue wire connected or not connected.
Did you push the gas pedal with blue wire disconnected from solenoid and get power on that blue wire with key in on position ? You can take a ground cable and connect one end to plate where your solenoid is mounted and the other end on starter ground terminal. That should eliminate a ground issue if there is one.
I sometimes take a jump wire and connect one end to neg side of battery and other end to the small ground terminal on solenoid. Then you know your solenoid is getting a ground.
You can test these solenoids off the cart also. Very easy check to make sure your solenoid is good.
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:52 PM   #19
Cmoney
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Update. The mystery issue has been solved. It was a bad connection through the fuse that went to the starter solenoid.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:04 PM   #20
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Glad to hear you figured it out and thanks for the update !
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO