lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
rob scott
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 94 ds slow driving

I have a 1994 ds that I replaced the starter on last winter. Just before I replaced it, the cart lost most of it's top end speed. It feels like it's going about 5mph. Today while riding around, the starter locked up.

I don't know if I should replace the carb or rebuild it, along with a new starter. Figured I'd ask to hear someone else thoughts on the issue.
rob scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2020, 06:58 AM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 94 ds slow driving

Are the clutches operating properly? If one of them freezes up it will definitely slow your cart down. The below video shows you what they should be doing as you rev the motor up:

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:08 AM   #3
rob scott
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 ds slow driving

My clutches seem to opening correctly when I put it in maintenance mode. I know the governor works correctly, in maintenance mode it revs up and the governor kicks in.

I did put new drive and starter bolt on. The drive belt is smooth on the underside. As the old belt had notched, and wasn't as wide.
rob scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car