lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2021, 02:38 PM   #1
rtross810
Not Yet Wild

Default need a KF82 flathead motor

I bought an 87 club car ds and did not check the oil so the motor locked up is there anyone that has a running one in or near Michigan or know if there is a replacement motor that I wouldnt have to modify a bunch to get it to work. I also have not been able to find a new muffler for it mine is rusted out.
rtross810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2021, 07:37 AM   #2
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: need a KF82 flathead motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtross810 View Post
I bought an 87 club car ds and did not check the oil so the motor locked up is there anyone that has a running one in or near Michigan or know if there is a replacement motor that I wouldnt have to modify a bunch to get it to work. I also have not been able to find a new muffler for it mine is rusted out.
from what I understand those motors are impossible to find parts for. good luck
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:59 AM   #3
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Yes the motors are difficult to find. If you're handy you can rebuild it. If it's froze up you can send the crank to J&M golf carts and he will machine it to a new rod and send them back to you. I just did this last year in my 1990.

Mufflers are also difficult to find. Before 2020 they seemed to be available online for like $250 bucks but I haven't seen a new one online for a awhile. Join some Club Car DS groups on Facebook and check your local craigslist. Also lurk in our Big Block swap forum here. Lots of guys are doing clone swaps and tossing the old stock mufflers. Mufflers on Club Car DS carts from 1984-1991 will be what you're looking for.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:29 PM   #4
Jrdale08
Not Yet Wild

Rtross810. Did you find a motor or are you fixing yours? I have rebuilt a few of these and they are pretty easy to work on. Wish I lived closer to you. I would help you out with it.
Jrdale08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car