lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2007, 10:45 PM   #1
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Good deals are still out there!

I was looking at Craigslist the other day and found this. It had just been posted and I gave her a call. She didn't know what year or anything about it. She drove it from her house to the lake (maybe 75 yds). It stopped running and sat for 2 years. I took the trailer and looked at it the next day, she said the phone had been ringing off the hook about it. She wanted $700.00 for it but got it for $500.00, she just wanted it gone.

1992 Club Car Carryall, Aluminum dump bed, lights, horn.

I got it home, put in a battery, drained the green mixed gas out of it , cleaned the carb, changed oil and filter - It fired up and runs like a champ.

I started on the lift kit while i'm waiting on seat covers, tires and steering wheel.

Should have $900.00 in it when I'm done with it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
Woodie1976
Gone Wild

Default Re: Good deals are still out there!

NICE find.... be sure to post updates with pics while your working on it
Woodie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
fbryant1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

hey good deal i had one i sold three months ago ,jamb up cart , i added a top from club car other than that unhooked gov. and rpm limiter ,that cart would run 30+ easy ,sold it ,the guy bought it loves it and said wouldn't consider selling back
fbryant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 AM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

On any cart I lift, I always start with a piece of tape front and back with a measurement from the ground for reference. They don't have to match.

On a rear leaf cart I start my lifts with the back first. That is because the spring flip is pretty much a set change without dealing with additional blocks.
Shocks from a chevette are on the way.

Reassemble and put on wheels. Move to front and jack it up level. Measure the back where the tape mark is and the difference is the lift needed for the front. If you started at 20" and it now measures 25" then you need to build a 5" lift for the front.

This is how I do my front lifts for a Club Car. I already have the measurments for Club Car from my daugthers cart so the only change is the height of the vertcal lift plates depending on the rear lift.

I use the old spring/frame plate from the cart and cut the ends off and weld to my lift. It is sitting on there backwards for the picture but will be turned around before welding so the spring mounting bolts will fit.
The top plate has been made to move the front assy forward 1 1/2" to help with potential tire rub issues and will bolt under the frame now using the stock mounting holes.

I found this by accident but shortening the plate for the spring to bolt to gives the spring more room to flex and greatly improves the ride.
I'll get more pics when I install it this morning.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Man!!! Super good deal

Nice work...keep the pics comin!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:08 PM   #6
Rogue
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post

1992 Club Car Carryall, Aluminum dump bed, lights, horn.

Should have $900.00 in it when I'm done with it.
Man that is a spitting image of mine, but mine is a Carryall 1 and had a bum engine.

I guess I need a V-twin!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thats was a great deal wow
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car