lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2010, 12:54 AM   #1
thetucks
Gone Wild

Default Gas in the oil

I have a 2001 club car gas. It has gas in the oil. I thought it might be the carb but when I checked it I noticed the throttle dont come all the way closed every time I let off the gas. I I let off the gas hard it closes but if I let off the gas easy it gets stuck open part of the way(the throttle). Ive lubed all the cables and checked the springs. All seems good. Any Ideas??
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
thetucks
Gone Wild

Default Re: Gas in the oil

Any ideas of how gas could have got in the oil would be helpful. Thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

well if your having issues wqth the carb pull it off and give her a good scrub! pull your jets out and sok them and the rest of the carb. this will clean the carb, and hopefully free up he butterfly issue.
if your getting fuel in the oil, time to question the rings. i would run a compression check . also, has the buggy been in your hand the whole time? or has some one had it and gotten gas in the oil by accident/or a prank? other thing for us to look at. or ask.
so lets get a good compression check, pull the carb off, and give here a good scrubbing and if we know you had the cart, no one had a brain fart and put feul in the oil we can also elimate that option too. ive seen w/w fluid in pwr steering resivior. w/w fluid in radiator resiviors . engine oil in pwr steering fluid. and trans fluid/ pwr steering fluid in the engine. so any thiing is possable!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
sox3
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

could be the float in the carb is sticking or the ethanol has eaten up the needle and seat allowing fuel to flow into the oil thru the cylinder. this happens alot on small engines. just my .02
sox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The fuel pump may have a hole in the diaphragm and is leaking back through the pulse line.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
thetucks
Gone Wild

Ok I will check the compression. What shoud it be at? I did check the carb butterfly and it is clean. The float is good too. I tried to blow threw it and it shuts off like it is suppose to. I have had it in my possession the whole time but that dont mean someone didnt prank me. I have 5 acres and am gone to work alot. Thanks guys.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #7
thetucks
Gone Wild

Also I did take the pulse line off the fuel pump to check it and it is dry as a bone.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #8
thetucks
Gone Wild

Ok I got to fiddling around with the cart today and I found the accelerator pedal brackets had their bushing all wore off. That caused a lot of play in the accelarator so the accelerator rod was off. and it also caused the throttle to stick open. It actually did it almost all the time. I replaced both brackets and adjusted all the linkage in both pedals and the rod and it runs great now. Even better than before. And I have checked the oil and there is no trace of gas. I have drove it quite a bit today and all looks good. I did notice that my the way my service manual has me adjust the linkage it makes the cart run slower. It use to not have much low end at all but now it does.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car