lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Seekin' the tweakin' for speed

Reading up here in the sticky and some other threads about the gov'ner zip tie dealibob and the rev limiter thingamajiggy disengajamajiggy along with the black box cable adjustamadoodle.

So I saw that the adjust was about where people said it should be(If I have this correct), threaded out till just a few threads left in the box so I left it. I disengajamajiggied the rev limiter and dealibobbed the gov'ner arm with the zip tied and bubkus....no real increase in speed.

Although it seems all I got out of it was a raised rpm at 'idle' and a new found requirement to keep my foot on the brake peddle, and hard at that, any time the cart is in gear, forward or reverse. Not able to change from neutral to either forward or reverse without having to completely turn off the cart. The range of speed while in gear was either nearly topped out or totally topped out and topped out was 15mph at most.

Which is better for the zip tie dealibob? The Spring ding zipporama or zipporama of the arm? I have a 97 and it didn't look like I could turn a nut holding the arm down and wd40 spray thing that was mentioned. Looked like it was attached in another manner. Unless I wasn't looking closely enough and that very well might be the case. I also didn't mess with the accelerator rod as it appeared pretty tight. Not much slop.

I'm sure others have had a similar situation and could clue me in what I'm doing wrong. I'd love to hear it....thanks. Oh ya...I have the 350cc engine if that makes a diff...

Last edited by Pipsta; 04-03-2010 at 06:30 AM.. Reason: typomasta!!
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
rollingon12s
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Seekin' the tweakin' for speed

Cart insn't supposed to idle, only starts when go pedal pressed, and should be shifted into gear or switching from fwd to rev ( or vise versa ) when motor is stopped.
rollingon12s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:41 AM   #3
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingon12s View Post
Cart insn't supposed to idle, only starts when go pedal pressed, and should be shifted into gear or switching from fwd to rev ( or vise versa ) when motor is stopped.
That's the reason I put 'idle' in parenthesis. When I zip tied the governor arm it caused the cart to always be running even when my foot was off the go pedal instead of go into that whatever it's called mode of not running but generator/starter is turning.

Is the motor supposed to be continually running when the zip tie method is used? This is why I think I did something wrong.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:57 AM   #4
rib33024

Read this see if it helps

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...djustment.html

http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/y...ent=Image3.jpg

http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/y...ent=Image2.jpg

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ore-power.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks rib for that link to the first thread. I think it did help to read that. I haven't had the chance to check that out yet. My cart is an 8pass so that rod from the accelerator to the back is a very long one. I hope this doesn't make it especially hard to work with.

The pics are a bit confusing, though. I'm not really sure I know what I'm looking for. The first looks like the governor arm at the back by the transaxel. The second isn't making much more sense. I don't think my cart has a set up like that. At least it isn't making a connection without having my cart in front of me right now to confirm. I believe it's all cables after the black box save for the one arm on the transaxel. I could be wrong and it wouldn't surprise me if I am.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

An update on my tweakin' for speed. With all the other BS going on with my cart I didn't want to add extra issues by doing too much. Although of all the zip tie methods I came across here the one that worked with no side effects was Lockman's method. Simple, effective, easily reversible. Still have low end control and the engine shuts off like designed when accelerator pedal isn't pressed. Just keep the rpm under 4200 and it worked perfectly. Just a few extra mph like I wanted. I'm a happy puppy now....well, as soon as I figure out my light short my tail will be waggin'...lol

Thanks, Lockman1, good stuff!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car