lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #21
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: is my carb bad?

Great!, Keep in mind if you have any starting or take off problems you might need to adjust the air/fuel mix screw out a 1/4 turn at a time until it clears up. 1 1/2 turns out is just a starting set point to get it started then adjust accordingly.
Good luck Saturday at the strip.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #22
rob scott
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well it takes off alot better, the problem now is it will shut off while running it. It will back fire and then shut off then motor turns for close to a minute then it will take off slow then pick up speed. It shuts down when you run it more then a 1/4 mile.
rob scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:19 AM   #23
rib33024

Here ya go guys- good one chash----- its all in one post for ya again-

Rob I would tell ya a few things but Iam sure about the float in the CC carb, so Crash would be the best one to help you with this he's doing a great job, you guys will get it, hang in there-

Very easy, I'll do a step by step for you.
I suggest a gallon can of the "Gunk" brand carb cleaner from any parts store, comes with a little basket inside.

1) With the carb removed, unscrew #11 bowl nut, remove the gasket from it and drop it and the bowl in the basket in the cleaner. I like to hang the basket on a dowl across the top of the can.

2) Remove the float pivot pin (#5) and drop the pin, float and needle into the basket.

3) Use an Icepick or dental tool and carefully remove the #8 bowl gasket and set aside. (rubber will expand if soaked for to long in the cleaner)

4) Remove jets #7, #6, #4 and low speed idle screw #3 and drop in basket.

5) Remove the float and needle from cleaner (try to only leave them in for @15 minutes max.) and place the carb body into the basket, lower the basket into the cleaner shaking it as you lower it to get any air out of the passages.

Let soak for 2 hours, longer as the cleaner gets used and older.

Use this time to check and or clean the fuel tank and replace the fuel filter so you don't have to do this again.

6) Remove the parts and flush well with water.
The reason you should flush with water before blowing out with air is you don't want the cleaner atomized and breathing it or blown onto the paint of your new whatever or in your eyes.

Check these Items after drying and when reassembling:

1) Some float needles have a spring loaded pin at the float end of them, it needs to move.

2) Shake float by ear and listen for fluid inside, if any replace.

3) When installing the low speed mixture screw and spring (#3) carefully examine the tip for rings or broken tip, replace if broken.
Again, carefully screw in until it just stops and then back out 1 1/2 turns.

4) Screw throttle stop screw (#2) out until the throttle plate closes and stops against inside the carb body, screw #2 back in until it just touches the throttle lever and then 1/8 turn more.

Reassemble in reverse order it was removed.

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:47 AM   #24
b3race
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey Rob ,There is one last thing you can try before new carb,if you can get the float valve seat out or what ever you call it ,the plastic piece that holds the float and where the needle goes in, it may have trash under it,mine did,,,,BUT BE CAREFULL, they can brake easy. MINE DIDbut there was trash under it. now I hope I can find one without replacing the hole carb,,tryed to glue but no luck
b3race is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car