lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
wickednavi
Not Yet Wild

Default 83 g1 problems

i have an 83 g1 that i just did rings and seals in it. it runs great for awhile till it gets warm after its warm if you stop and try to take off again all it will do is spit and spudder unless you let it cool down
wickednavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 83 g1 problems

could be crank case seals....jack the back end up and hit the gas and let the rear wheels spin up. Then spray some wd40 around the lower front part of the engine. If the RPM's change any then its defiantly time to replace them. It doesnt take long and doesnt cost much
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
wickednavi
Not Yet Wild

i did replace them when i did the piston rings........................ my bad i ment to say i did the seals when i did the rings in my first post
Old 05-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like overheating. Try BBQing the muffler, theres a sticky about it at the top of the Yamaha Gas forum. Also, if it sits for a while mice can build small nests in the engine shroud preventing cooling from the flywheel fan. Check those two things.
stevensj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
wickednavi
Not Yet Wild

i also forgot to say when it starts to spit and spudder i pull the air cleaner hose off the carb and its full of fuel................ the fan is clean i made sure of that when i did the seals
Old 05-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
skarp
Gone Wild

Sounds like muffler is clogged up causing you to run hot.
skarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:15 PM   #7
wickednavi
Not Yet Wild

i dont think its the muffler either after it gets hot and spits and spudders if i push it or get it rolling it will take off and run great till i stop and like i said if i pull the intake tube its full of gas almost like its getting to much gas
Old 06-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Make sure you are not getting gas through the pulse line from a bad pump. What if you drive it easy but with some rpm so the fan runs, does it cool off and seem to run better? If you only did rings and not bore it could be a bad cylinder the compression would be low, they always seem to grow when hot. Check the spark when it does it. Crack the muffler loose from cylinder when it does it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Another possibility for the flooding condition could be the float level in the carb too high causing over flow when hot. The needle and seat could be bad as well as the float itself bad or just adjusted incorrectly.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha