lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #11
diesel_farmer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Not Running - Help!

Where does the pulse line attach to the carb (at what location)? Mine was not attached, but this shouldn't keep it from getting good compression.
diesel_farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #12
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The pulse line does not go to the carb. It runs from the crankcase to the fuel pump.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #13
diesel_farmer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok Thanks, for the G1 to run, is it necessary to have the pulse line hooked up from the crank case to the fuel pump?
Old 09-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #14
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The pulse line must be connected for the fuel pump to work.
It will lose some compression although I can not say how much.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
diesel_farmer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Someone has installed an aftermarket fuel pump that only has an inlet and outlet. I suspect that I need to purchase the correct fuel pump so that I third inlet to hook up the pulse line, correct?
Old 09-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #16
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Since your current pump only has an inlet and an outlet, I assume it is an electric pump. If you use it, you must plug the pulse line port on the engine. Two-stroke engines must pressurize the crankcase to run. The other problem you may encounter is these pumps tend to build too much pressure and can cause the carb to flood. The carburetor only needs a trickle of flow and a pound or two of pressure to be happy. Bottom line, it is best to use the original pump or one very similar to it, like one off a lawn tractor.

Check your crankcase seals. Leaking seals will not supply the vacuum/pressure pulse to run the pump. Many people replace the pump when it stops working, not realizing the pump is OK, there is no or weak pulse to run it.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #17
diesel_farmer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks GMB74. Yes it has an electric fuel pump. I plugged the pulse line and still have low compression. The crank seals appear to be dirty from dirt sticking to leaking oil so they probably need to be replaced. Looks like it may need a major overhaul. It may be time to find it a new home...
Old 09-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #18
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_farmer View Post
Thanks GMB74. Yes it has an electric fuel pump. I plugged the pulse line and still have low compression. The crank seals appear to be dirty from dirt sticking to leaking oil so they probably need to be replaced. Looks like it may need a major overhaul. It may be time to find it a new home...
After the crops are in you can over haul it, they are great carts if the rest is in shape.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #19
diesel_farmer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

DOOmsman, I probably will take you up on that, but if I have trouble getting it running after the rebuild, are you going to let me bring it up to you to finish it off?!!

It appears from reading posts that the G1 2-stroke engine is pretty basic, but should I buy a repair manual to help guide me through a tear down or is it not worth the $?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #20
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Bring it up we can fix it.
A manual is always good to have, just for the torque specs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha