lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
shagger1952
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Runs Great Until U Let Off The Gas

91 Gas Club Car. Runs great, until it heats up good. Then it will not restart until it cools down again. It will run until U let off the gas pedel. Once U do that. You'll have to wait until it cools down.

The battery cable was rubbed raw by the pulley on the Starter Generator. It was draining my battery. Now the thing will crank up and run. But only until it gets hot. What would be causing this problem? Looked for a solenoid but can't find one. (Maybe in the starter/gen)
shagger1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Runs Great Until U Let Off The Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagger1952 View Post
91 Gas Club Car. Runs great, until it heats up good. Then it will not restart until it cools down again. It will run until U let off the gas pedel. Once U do that. You'll have to wait until it cools down.

The battery cable was rubbed raw by the pulley on the Starter Generator. It was draining my battery. Now the thing will crank up and run. But only until it gets hot. What would be causing this problem? Looked for a solenoid but can't find one. (Maybe in the starter/gen)

Does it crank and not start ? No crank at all ? Please try and be more specific as to your precise symptoms or use the search function to help eliminate the basics.
Welcome to BGW btw.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:06 AM   #3
shagger1952
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cranks up & runs real good, until U take your foot off the gas. Then it want even turn over to crank again. Not until it cools down. Then it will crank up and U can drive it to the moon as long as U don't let it shut down.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Check your main micro switch in the black box and all connections. Sounds like you may have a connection issue
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
shagger1952
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'll do that. It sure is making me scratch my head. Thanks a Bunch. I'll let U know what I find out.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Another thing to check might be the starter solenoid. I've seen a couple recently with similar symptoms. It seems that since they are constant duty, over time the contacts have splashed so many times that some kind of distortion takes place (due to less than perfect contact ?) and it takes a while to cool them down. The solenoid is in the black box as well so you might want to check it out when your looking at the micros.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
shagger1952
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That's what I thought it was, was the solenoid. The contacts must be sticking together. I didn't know where it was. Looked all over for that thing. Thanks

Solenoid, the positive post was gummed up pretty bad. Cleaned up. Cart runs like a new one. Thanks a TON!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car